calvinus

Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:09 pm

DJACK wrote:French IA use every turn colonial uprising on great britain and germany IA use economic growth every turn.

As I wrote a few posts ago, I fixed this bug just one hour ago... ;)
All stuff for the official patch 1.05e, next monday latest.
So do not hesitate in reporting further doubts! :thumbsup:

dougbush93
Captain

Still getting incorrect auto-retreats with 105d

Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:37 am

Started the CG as the Entente using 105d (playing WEGO). Overall game is running better than ever :thumbsup: , but I still appear to be getting mandatory retreats when I shouldn't :confused: . See two attached screen shots. In both cases, Russians had additional corps left to commit, and did not take a panic result, but the attacks still ended after just one combat round with a Russian defeat / retreat?

Any way to recheck this before 105e comes out?

Doug
Attachments
Soldau.jpg
Lemberg.jpg

DJACK
Private

Recent try

Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:18 am

Certainly a consequence of gestion of events : IA germany is launching strike event every turn on himself from march 1915 and this lead to a rebellion after 2 turns.

Seem that auto save is not working properly, worked during 2 turns at start then i haven't seen the process. (i save every turn by hand)

Had a CTD on a siege 2 times after save/ relaunch game (Germany IA vs France IA in Belfort) but passed at third time.

I was unable to reinforce an army hq completely with 2 corps who were badly damaged (wanted to recomplete them as they were in the Hq) when i wanted them at full strenght, system informed me i can't give more to it.
But I bypassed this rule, but detaching them, reinforcing them then restacking them into the army hq.

Saw that many players encountered this : some results of battle are easy too understand but for some others when looses are heavy on each camp or egal that's not that easy to know issue on large map. Why not add to the actual resume of battle just this mentions: Name of the winnner if not null, and mention if there is an army advancing, retreating or just no progress.

PhilThib

Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:25 am

Calvinus is working on an expanded combat result game log giving the explanations ;)

Hanno
Private

Bug? / Gameplay report

Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:46 pm

While playing 1.05c, I managed to get Turkey in as a CP power and the Italians were convinced to become Entente in one of the the first two Diplomacy phases (BTW: Is this right, to have two Diplomacy phases in the Beginning?)

Playing with boardgame / multiplayer like army by army activation.

Now the gameplay question: The Warplan choice was historical, so Germany had an early August phase with the I. - III. Army. After finishing these moves, I thought, I had to end the turn but I couldn't.

Then I looked around the map, and I found that all of Turkeys armies and the AH Army next to Italy could be activated (and needed to be activated to end the turn).

But I wonder, that if Germany's and AH's main Armies are frozen in early August due to mobilization, how could the surprised Turkey (and therefore slower with its mobilization) have its troops active in early August?

I think is is a gameplay bug, that any troops are locked in Early August 1914 except those mentioned in the specific Warplans.

Regards, Hanno

PhilThib

Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:15 pm

We shall investigate this indeed... in August 1914, there are 2 "phases" for diplomacy because the very first one is the 'reaction' to the war phase, which is exceptionnal :cool:

Nial
Colonel

Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:14 pm

I was just going to post about this. In all when playing as the Entente. The CP had 4 diplomatic actions during the month of August. Now, if that isn't bad enough? If I just have rank 1 diplomats, I end up having 0-1 diplomatic turns during August. Thats a pretty decent edge for the AI. Because in 105d demo, I still cant use anything but a rank 3 diplo until the second diplo phase. Then if Russia beats me to the punch? Im screwed. Playing 4 player. I maybe mistaken? But I was under the impression it was one Diplo action per side? If so? Why does Germay, and AH, both get one diplo action per phase/turn? The pre diplo turn in August is worthless. I send out diplomats and they just disappear never to be seen again. Not sure whats happening there either.

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dougbush93
Captain

Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:38 pm

Nial wrote:I was just going to post about this. In all when playing as the Entente. The CP had 4 diplomatic actions during the month of August. Now, if that isn't bad enough? If I just have rank 1 diplomats, I end up having 0-1 diplomatic turns during August. Thats a pretty decent edge for the AI. Because in 105d demo, I still cant use anything but a rank 3 diplo until the second diplo phase. Then if Russia beats me to the punch? Im screwed. Playing 4 player. I maybe mistaken? But I was under the impression it was one Diplo action per side? If so? Why does Germay, and AH, both get one diplo action per phase/turn? The pre diplo turn in August is worthless. I send out diplomats and they just disappear never to be seen again. Not sure whats happening there either.

Nial

Maybe these are just demo problems you are having, but in the real game the "diplomatic actions" in the first diplo phase of Early August are not done at the initiative of either player, they are automatic checks. That might be what you are seeing. I think this is explained in the August 1914 part of the draft manual. Diplomats don't "disappear", they just sit in a country until there is a diplomatic test done.

General rule of thumb for Entente in pre-diplo phase is to send 2 x amb to England, if not yet in the war. The rest should go to either Turkey (if you are worried about them coming in), Italy, or Romania.

Then, in the "normal" diplo phase of Aug 14, you should again put England as first priority, especially if the Germans have not declared war on Belgium. Second priority is Turkey or Italy, then everything else.

Doug

dougbush93
Captain

Obstination function not working in 105d?

Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:44 pm

See attached screen shot. I've noticed this happening before, but this time I was able to capture it.

According to the manual (and the boardgame rules) an attack has to continue a number of rounds = or > than the attacking General's obstination value (the last value on the general counter, on the left). Only exception is if you take a "panic" morale check result on the attack, which is a mandatory retreat.

In the attached, you can see the Russian I Army has only attacked for 2 rounds, but its commander has an obstination value of 3. However, the retreat button is activated (in the red circle) after 2 rounds, and I was able to retreat. Russians should have been required to go another round (they didn't take a panic result, just a "1" result in round 2).

A very basic combat element of LGG, so hopefully this can be checked before 105e comes out. It's the risk inherent in attacking with certain generals in that you are committed to keep going even if things are not going well.

Doug
Attachments
Obstination Problem.jpg

PhilThib

Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:46 pm

Good point...will be investigated :cool:

Nial
Colonel

Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:52 pm

dougbush93 wrote:Maybe these are just demo problems you are having, but in the real game the "diplomatic actions" in the first diplo phase of Early August are not done at the initiative of either player, they are automatic checks. That might be what you are seeing. I think this is explained in the August 1914 part of the draft manual. Diplomats don't "disappear", they just sit in a country until there is a diplomatic test done.

General rule of thumb for Entente in pre-diplo phase is to send 2 x amb to England, if not yet in the war. The rest should go to either Turkey (if you are worried about them coming in), Italy, or Romania.

Then, in the "normal" diplo phase of Aug 14, you should again put England as first priority, especially if the Germans have not declared war on Belgium. Second priority is Turkey or Italy, then everything else.

Doug

You might be right about the demo. But I can send diplo's in the pre phase. They just never get to the place I send them. By the regular August diplo phase, they are not in the country I sent them to, and they are not back in my country. Plus I do not get a notification that France has performed any diplo action, auto or otherwise. There are alot of what I took as generic diplo roles for neutral countries. Hence why I said they disappear. The only ones that are where I sent them are 0s. All the others are in cyber space somewhere. :) Maybe they do a mission automaticly in the pre phase where ever I send them and then are done. Is this what you are saying?

So do both Germany and AH get a diplo action every diplo phase? I thought I read it was one per -side-?

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nial
Colonel

Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:53 pm

Additional note: Did some looking around in the game I'm currently playing. Russia has two seperate diplomats in two different countries doing missions. This could be why I'm not being allowed to do any. Playing 4 player of course. :)

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hanno
Private

Message windows

Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 am

The last line of the message window is still only half visible. Could this also be tackled in the the next patches?

Thanks, Hanno

calvinus

Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:32 am

Nial wrote:Additional note: Did some looking around in the game I'm currently playing. Russia has two seperate diplomats in two different countries doing missions. This could be why I'm not being allowed to do any. Playing 4 player of course. :)

Nial

Your AI ally scheduled them before you. :(

calvinus

Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:33 am

Hanno wrote:The last line of the message window is still only half visible. Could this also be tackled in the the next patches?

Thanks, Hanno

Ok, I will try to find some time for that.

I'm currently working out tons of small improvements and corrections... ;)

calvinus

Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:16 pm

Corrected/improved/fixed a lot of stuff concerning air aces, NW fluctuations, rebellions/restore order, revolutions, Lenin, Kornilov, Kerenski, Lawrence of Arabia, Arab revolt, Senussi uprising, Arab army........ :thumbsup:

Next official patch. :love:

Nial
Colonel

Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:54 pm

calvinus wrote:Corrected/improved/fixed a lot of stuff concerning air aces, NW fluctuations, rebellions/restore order, revolutions, Lenin, Kornilov, Kerenski, Lawrence of Arabia, Arab revolt, Senussi uprising, Arab army........ :thumbsup:

Next official patch. :love:

Nice!! Were rockin now. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

calvinus

Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:19 pm

Hanno wrote:The last line of the message window is still only half visible. Could this also be tackled in the the next patches?

Thanks, Hanno

Done. Next official patch. :love:

Nial
Colonel

Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:14 pm

More BEF issues.

In the 1914 Nov-Dec interphase I'm getting a message that the British marines are being moved/ deployed to Egypt. What actualy happens is the 2 elite corps are removed from the BEF and not redeployed anywhere. The Marines are still in the BEF. :bonk:

Saves prior and after included.

Nial
Attachments
Nov - Dec 1914frtest5b.zip
(406.49 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
Nov - Dec 1914frtest5a.zip
(406.37 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PhilThib

Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:49 pm

See new post on 1.05e ;) :coeurs: here: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?p=124539#post124539

This thread is now closed. Please move to the one above :D

Return to “Help improve WW1!”