montgommel
Private

Scroll buttons improvement

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:50 pm

Hello,

A suggestion: I am playing in 1280x1024 resolution and the game run quickly and I can see a great portion of the map without using zooms in my laptop, but as a minor problem, the buttons in this configuration are very small and is sometimes annoying to click on them (because the mouse don't run smoothly and it is a bit unprecise). Specially difficult is the scroll buttons (because they are a triangle not a square/box) and the most difficult is when you try to press the V button in the reinforcement panel of the reinforcement phase.

Can something be made in future releases to fix this? Larger buttons or squared scroll buttons could be an easy solution.

(My two cents)

Moff Jerjerrod
Sergeant

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:02 pm

What patch, if any, are you using? The latest patch 1.08I fixes a lot of the mouse scrolling issues.

calvinus

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:12 pm

I think he wants the graphic of buttons larger, right? :)

Moff Jerjerrod
Sergeant

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:42 pm

Yes, but if he is not currently using the latest patch then his problem might be fixed with the new patch. Meaning his mouse is not running smoothly or is imprecise. Unless he has the patch installed and he means his mouse/touchpad is of poor quality and does not replicate user inputs precisely.

He was not too clear in his post in my opinion. :confused:

Franciscus

Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:28 am

calvinus wrote:I think he wants the graphic of buttons larger, right? :)

+1 :)

speaking of scroll buttons a minor but significant improvement would be in the army roster, at the right side of the screen. Currently, the first 5 armies of the selected nation are displayed initially, which is ok. But when we scroll down and select by double click one army (ex: 6th german army, to flip some units), the roster does not keep at where we scrolled, but reverts to the first 5 armues again. Result: to go to the 7th, or even to a detachment of the sixth, we have again to scroll down in the roster. Is there the possibility to keep the army roster where it was after we double click an army ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

calvinus

Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:30 am

Franciscus wrote:+1 :)

speaking of scroll buttons a minor but significant improvement would be in the army roster, at the right side of the screen. Currently, the first 5 armies of the selected nation are displayed initially, which is ok. But when we scroll down and select by double click one army (ex: 6th german army, to flip some units), the roster does not keep at where we scrolled, but reverts to the first 5 armues again. Result: to go to the 7th, or even to a detachment of the sixth, we have again to scroll down in the roster. Is there the possibility to keep the army roster where it was after we double click an army ?

Yes it's possible, but why don't you use the mouse wheel over the roster? It's so quick...

Moff Jerjerrod
Sergeant

Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:41 pm

I've noticed the issue that Franciscus brings up but like calvinus says the mouse wheel is so much faster to scroll through the roster than clicking the directional arrows above and below the roster.

That being said I would welcome a fix for unwanted resetting of the roster back to the top 5 armies but this should be a medium to low priority. Just MHO. :)

montgommel
Private

Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:44 pm

Sorry if my fist message was not clear enough.
I am using last (1.08I) patch. There is no major issue with mouse movement (although sometimes it is a bit tricky to push a tiny button). My improvement sugggestion is about shape and size of the scroll buttons. I suggested to make the buttons box-shape and bigger. But this must be thought carefully because proper size for a given screen resolution can be annoying in other as the map is hindered by all the buttons.

Return to “Help improve WW1!”