oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:23 pm

I believe retreat before combat is only available for turn based mode. As I am not playing turn based, it is not enabled in the main menu.

calvinus

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:38 pm

Probably an overrun, or a AI-vs-AI battle where both AIs have simulated the "Next Battle" click.

06 Maestro
General

Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:01 am

Uusing the G patch, playing SP (2 player) with army by army mode as Germany.
The French ai used the event, "surprise" in an attack in August 1914. According to the definition, the surprise bonus only helps the defense while still in maneuver warfare. There is no benefit for the attacker unless trench warfare has begun.

The French ai just threw away a valuable event. Not that big a deal, but thought you might want to know.

calvinus

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:59 am

06 Maestro wrote:Uusing the G patch, playing SP (2 player) with army by army mode as Germany.
The French ai used the event, "surprise" in an attack in August 1914. According to the definition, the surprise bonus only helps the defense while still in maneuver warfare. There is no benefit for the attacker unless trench warfare has begun.

The French ai just threw away a valuable event. Not that big a deal, but thought you might want to know.

I can do something, but hard-coded, not modding inside event scripts.

Return to “Help improve WW1!”