gbs
Colonel

How did I get so many Ambassadors?

Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:45 pm

In June 1915 as CP,two player, turn based, I just completed the diplomatic phase and had so many Ambs that I really couldn't do anything. I think I have enough to send two to every country. Is that the intent? I had a 0 rated one in Turkey and tried to send him home so I could employ a 3 rated one sitting in Berlin there. I couldn't figure out how to do this. If you have two alresdy in a country, you will get the no movement path message.(I finally figured this out.)
I didn't count them but i will at the next diplomatic phase. I'll bet I have 20 or so German ones and the majority are rated 1 - 3. Not to mention Austria.
BTW, I swayed Turkey to join me in war and with that I also got Greece and Bulgaria. I now have 6 different countrys who's Armys I have to deal with. Playing at my rate (slow)and playing Army by Army, I may never finish. I wish there was a way to just pass at times playing turn based without having to activate each and every Army. I'll bet the board game allowed you to just say "my turn is complete" and move on.

calvinus

Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:58 pm

You could play in strictly turn-based mode without the army-by-army activation.

calvinus

Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:02 pm

The rate of AMBs reinforcements is the same like in the boardgame.
What you could do is to use (much more?) the "Merge Ambassadors" button... ;)

gbs
Colonel

Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:02 pm

calvinus wrote:You could play in strictly turn-based mode without the army-by-army activation.

Does this mean I could move the Armys I want to then change to strictly turn based for the rest of the phase? :w00t:

Also, anything unusual about having so many Ambs?

calvinus

Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:06 pm

gbs wrote:Does this mean I could move the Armys I want to then change to strictly turn based for the rest of the phase? :w00t:

It means the first player (initiative) plans and executes all his moves and battles (no army-by-army), then the second player.

gbs wrote:Also, anything unusual about having so many Ambs?

Nothing unusual. The only point is that I believe you are not using (enough?) the "Merge Ambassadors" button. ;)
It should be a standard behavior, also in the boardgame. :)

calvinus

Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:15 pm

calvinus wrote:It means the first player (initiative) plans and executes all his moves and battles (no army-by-army), then the second player.

A clarification: he plans all movements he wants.

gbs
Colonel

Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:23 pm

calvinus wrote:It means the first player (initiative) plans and executes all his moves and battles (no army-by-army), then the second player.

Nothing unusual. The only point is that I believe you are not using (enough?) the "Merge Ambassadors" button. ;)
It should be a standard behavior, also in the boardgame. :)

Do the merging Ambs have to be in the same country for the merge button to activate? I don't recall seeing this.

calvinus

Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:16 pm

gbs wrote:Do the merging Ambs have to be in the same country for the merge button to activate? I don't recall seeing this.

No, I recall so.

Return to “Help improve WW1!”