calvinus

Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:09 pm

The .MAP file is missing, sorry.

Syagrius
Lieutenant

Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:25 am

calvinus wrote:The .MAP file is missing, sorry.

oops sorry, I am not very good at this, attached is the .map
Attachments
August 1916A-H.zip
(292.39 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Roma Aeterna Est

Syagrius
Lieutenant

Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:35 am

Again, Russian surrender bug! They surrendered in 1917 however they had a siege ongoing at Danzig, so the siege battle screen appeared but nothing happens. It seems the game has trouble with transition after a surrender, anybody else experienced this?
Roma Aeterna Est

calvinus

Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:13 am

Syagrius wrote:Again, Russian surrender bug! They surrendered in 1917 however they had a siege ongoing at Danzig, so the siege battle screen appeared but nothing happens. It seems the game has trouble with transition after a surrender, anybody else experienced this?

Yes, I fixed it and I'm waiting eagerly for Spanish stuff to publish the new patch... grrr... :(
Do you mean your battle hung in the attached savegame was caused by a siege where one side was surrendered???
In such a case, waiting for the patch, the manual fix is quite simple: remove the BeginBattle...EndBattle block from the [BATTLES] section within the .SAV file. You can recognize the BeginBattle...EndBattle block from the Type=BM_Siege row. In case more BM_Siege rows are present, locate the siege in the concerned area looking at the Location=??? row, where ??? must be the Id of the concerned map area, that can be grabbed from the .MAP file.

calvinus

Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:19 am

Syagrius wrote:Again, Russian surrender bug! They surrendered in 1917 however they had a siege ongoing at Danzig, so the siege battle screen appeared but nothing happens. It seems the game has trouble with transition after a surrender, anybody else experienced this?

I tried your savegame. The battle of Kulm (october 1916) worked fine with no hang, because Russians did not surrender. As I wrote, the bug of battle hangs caused by nation surrendering, is fixed, and you should have to wait the next patch, incoming anyway...

As a side note, I saw the engaged forces were Germans (your ally AI), but they loaned your general Bohm-Ermelli and a few units! Nice... :)

Coming back to the bug: such problem occurs only for sieges. In fact, sieges are the only battles whose duration spans through several turns. Capitualtion checks are done after the generation/resolution of land/naval/air battles. Such types of combats should not suffer the problem you described. Sieges, instead, are "saved" from one turn to the following one as long the siege lasts... So, if a capitulation takes place before the end of a concerned siege, here the problem! The fix now drastically ends all battles (all types) where one side is concerned by a capitulated nation. In the meanwhile, what you can do is to fix manually the savegame as I described to you. If you wish, I can do it for you, so simply post here the (zipped) savegame (both .SAV & .MAP) ;)

Thanks for your patience,
Calvinus.

Syagrius
Lieutenant

Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:31 pm

Thanks Calvinus! :thumbsup:
Roma Aeterna Est

Return to “Help improve WW1!”