lycortas
Sergeant

Munitions

Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:34 pm

Hi,

Playing 2 player 1.05e, as Central Powers, i found a bug.

I was fighting a minor battle in 1914 against France and i was low on artillery ammo, so after two rounds i moved the artillery to deployment. I still lost one point of ammo. So, i then moved the artillery to the reserve (didn't even know i could do that!) and i still lost a point of ammo. I confirmed this always happens if i have artillery at a battle i will lose ammo as if i were using the artillery.

If you have any questions i will attempt to provide coherent answers.

Mike

PhilThib

Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:36 pm

Can you let us know in region the battle took place :confused:

lycortas
Sergeant

region?

Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:05 am

I am unsure why this matters, but the first time this occured was in Sedan i believe. This always happens if i am in a battle with artillery that i am not using.

Mike

PhilThib

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:39 am

I was just wondering if the region had a friendly fortress of yours...because fortress provide you with 3 "free" shots...and may be the 'free' part of it was bugged :confused: ... try to send us a save next time you see it

lycortas
Sergeant

region

Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:38 pm

oh, no, a fortress firing was the first thing i thought of as well!

I will get a save to you shortly. Thanks.

Mike

Tamas

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:44 pm

Strange. I remember that I did remove artillery from an ongoing battle to save precious ammo, several times, and it did work. Hopefully Calvinus will catch this.

Nial
Colonel

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:58 pm

Thinking of this post I tried it last night with the Austrians. I started with arty then moved them back to the second line. No ammo was used after I moved them.

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vonRocko
Colonel

Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:12 pm

Tamas wrote:Strange. I remember that I did remove artillery from an ongoing battle to save precious ammo, several times, and it did work. Hopefully Calvinus will catch this.

Works for me also.

calvinus

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:22 am

lycortas wrote:Hi,

Playing 2 player 1.05e, as Central Powers, i found a bug.

I was fighting a minor battle in 1914 against France and i was low on artillery ammo, so after two rounds i moved the artillery to deployment. I still lost one point of ammo. So, i then moved the artillery to the reserve (didn't even know i could do that!) and i still lost a point of ammo. I confirmed this always happens if i have artillery at a battle i will lose ammo as if i were using the artillery.

If you have any questions i will attempt to provide coherent answers.

Mike

I finally managed to reproduce this weird bug. It happens only in major battles and if also the enemy has artilleries, provided you commit at least one artillery and then you un-commit it... and in any case it does not happens always... :bonk: At least, it's not a game-breaking bug nor it causes a great unbalance! :D

I will try to find the cause and fix it very soon. Thanks!

Return to “Help improve WW1!”