Random
AGEod Veteran

More New WW1G Leaders

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:19 pm

Here are some new Leaders for WW1G. Some excellent others less so.

Save the original [color="#00FF00"]*\:World War One Gold\Data\DB\Leaders.csv[/color] somewhere safe and overwrite with the enclosed [color="#00FF00"]Leaders.csv[/color] file.

Alternately, if using JSGME, just drop the enclosed [color="#00FF00"]Leaders[/color] folder into the MODS folder and activate as with any other JSGME mod.

This mod adds a number of new leaders, the choices of leaders and their individual characteristics are my subjective values and their pictures are generic. Feel free to edit them with any text editor. Alternately you may manually add your own favorites to the Leaders.csv file; watch the punctuation, Lxx designation and Leader seniority and all should be well.

This file should be save compatible. The new leaders should appear randomly when the Appoint New Leader political option is successfully selected. Beware that sometimes previously dismissed leaders will recycle.

[ATTACH]21218[/ATTACH]

New Leaders
Germany
Groener, Mudra, Boehn, Quast, Arnim

England
Plumer, Horne, Byng, Hamilton, Currie, Monash, Birdwood, Hunter-Weston, Maxse

Admirals
de Robeck, Tyrwitt, Bradford, Packenham

France
Humbert, Mangin, Debenay, Duchesne

USA
Liggett

Admiral
Rodman

Russia
Letchitsky, Sakharov, Lesh

Admiral
Kolchak

Austria Hungary
Von Denta, Kritac

Italy
Badoglio, Capello, Brusati

Turkey
Vehip Pasha

Good Luck. Enjoy keeping WW1G alive.

-C
Attachments
Leaders_v2.zip
(4.37 KiB) Downloaded 425 times

wodin
Sergeant

Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:10 pm

Thanks mate..recognise most of those leaders...If I have time I may try and find pics of them to use with the mod if you don't mind.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:53 pm

Didn't think anybody cared so you're very welcome.

Small error crept in however, a duplicate entry that prevents the new British leaders after Plumer from showing up. Find the entry for Horne:

[color="#FF0000"]1618[/color];ENG_L20;Horne;ENG;LT_General;LR_RankI;LA_NoAbility;2;1;1;2;3;3;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;1914;1920;28;;;;;

Change it to:

[color="#00FF00"]1619[/color];ENG_L20;Horne;ENG;LT_General;LR_RankI;LA_NoAbility;2;1;1;2;3;3;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;1914;1920;28;;;;;

There's not enough interest around here to bother uploading a new file.

-C

wodin
Sergeant

Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:34 pm

Shame..I don't check here often..but believe me when I say anything you've done for WW1 Gold I've cared about!!

WallysWorld
Captain

Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:55 am

I care too! Thanks a bunch, Random.

RGA
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:16 pm

Me too. Not played in a while but now getting back into it. Nice to see the mods that have been done in the lat year or so. Thanks Random.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:17 pm

Bump for Leaders_v2.

Have added a few additional Leaders for Austria, Italy and Turkey as above. Thanks for the re-motivation posts, gentlemen. Had figured that most have fled to the shiny-new (but seriously abstracted and in some ways silly) CTGW game since it seems continually deserted here.

Did not mean to sound whiny but the thing about the near total lack of feedback is that there is no way of knowing if downloaded mods are not being used because they're crap, which would be disappointing but understandable or because they're broken in execution but possibly repairable.

-C

WallysWorld
Captain

Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:37 am

I understand what you're writing, Random. Actually I just downloaded the same day that I posted and I haven't played WW1 for a few months now. But I definitely check back in this forum every few days for any news.

I downloaded V2 just now.

Thanks again!

Jeffchrisope
Conscript

Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:45 pm

I, too, find it fantastic that there are still folks putting time and energy into this game. I was dragged (kicking and screaming) into WWI gaming with the new CTGW app, but now that I've played through a number of games I'm deeply intrigued by the additional detail of this game - particularly on the diplomacy front.

So ... +100 thanks!

-Jeff

igor7111
Captain

Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:46 pm

I did try CTGW as well as Battlefront's "Strategic Command WWI (Breakthrough)". Battlefront's game is ok,
but I will ALWAYS come back to "World War One Gold" as it's simply the best WWI strategic game on PC.

I appreciate all of the great modders who've added to the joy of this game. While I don't visit these
forums frequently, I do try to check in occasionally to see what's new in the mod department. Modding
is magic to me, but it's great to see people are still involved.

Calvinus, are the patches at an end for this one?

Lannes
Major

Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:59 pm

I agree with you Igor7111, I play CTGW and SCWW1 but world war one gold is more rich with more depth

Return to “WW1 mods and modding”