antoine1965
Lieutenant

Events

Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:48 am

good morning,

is it possible to add events to the game (public or secret) or to delete them with out having game's instability?

Thank you

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:58 pm

Have edited events but never added any. That said, most events are linked to scripts so deleting might be OK but adding one (or more) may cause issues if the game goes looking for a script that is not there. Other events are linked to specific turn rules (found in the specific scenario folder) or game rules (found in the DB folder) so the same warning applies. Recommend that you start small and simple, save the original files and edit the .csv and .INC files directly. The M$ Excel files in the Modding folder are great aids for determining what value's go where however.

The events themselves are essentially text files but each has a unique number so you also have to make sure that this ID number is not utilized anywhere else. Otherwise you are very likely to have lock-ups or crashes when the scenario runs and the new event fires.

I have had problems trying to edit the scripts but have successfully edited and fixed the Battleships to Turkey event in the Grand Campaign so the game will read and implement your changes provided all of the punctuation is correct.

Good Luck.

antoine1965
Lieutenant

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:01 am

good morning,

in fact, my question is more global.

Is it possible to add delements to the game (new war plans, new events, new pictures, etc.) ?

Can the game's structure allow it ?

For your modified event, i think you didn't change the structure but only the meaning.

Waiting for the developer's answer...........

PhilThib

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:13 am

Calvinus will answer, but I believe it is possible to add some events, within the limitations of the interface of course...

calvinus

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:32 am

Well here I am.

New Warplans: can be done, but it's a bit tricky. Not an immediate job... you will have to modify several CSV files, stuff for expert modders!

New Events: yes it can be done, most important be sure the ID of the new event is not used by any other game element or other event. If you create a new event file, be sure it's then #INCLUDE'd by the master file, of course.

New Images: when added, I (me, the developer) must update the BIN files used by the game. So it's a job that needs a new release, sorry...
Visit my other games at : http://www.calvinusgames.com

antoine1965
Lieutenant

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:58 pm

i added new war plans and events (and modifying several files) without any trouble at the beginning of the game.

is it possible to delete all the events without game instability?

thank you foor your reply

calvinus

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:38 am

antoine1965 wrote:i added new war plans and events (and modifying several files) without any trouble at the beginning of the game.

Cool! It means you mastered the WW1 Modding! :w00t:

antoine1965 wrote:is it possible to delete all the events without game instability?

Yes, remove the #INCLUDE of events in the master scenario file, like done for minor scenarios.
Visit my other games at : http://www.calvinusgames.com

Return to “WW1 mods and modding”