Random
AGEod Veteran

Naval Mods and Generic Mod Enabler

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:02 pm

Using J.Scones neat little Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME) utility one can easily install or uninstall mods in WW1G. I have adjusted my three Naval Mods for the Grand Campaigns, 1915 and 1916 Scenarios so that modding can be done with one or at most two mouse clicks and reverting to stock is only a mouse click away. The JSGME friendly files for all three Naval Mods are attached below in a single package.

All of the notes regarding the mods remain the same, this is offered to allow users to avoid the tiresome exercise of moving files around, renaming them and creating a file soup.

First download JSGME here:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Generic-Mod-Enabler.shtml

Install and run initially according to instructions, JSGME will create a folder in your main WW1G called MODS. It is highly recommended restoring your game to stock configuration; I did this simply by running the 1.08O for Oscar patch. Having done so, open JSGME click on Tasks and run the "Generate Snapshot of game files". This creates a copy of stock used to restore WW1G to its published form. Remember to run the WW1G Configurator again as the patch restores the defaults.

I created a JSGME desktop icon named WW1G Mods to run the mod enabler but you can as easily run the executable from the WW1G main folder.

Download the Naval Mod file below, the .zip file contains three folders:

[color="SeaGreen"]1915 Naval
1916 Naval
GC Naval[/color]

Extract these folders into the new [color="SeaGreen"]C:\... World War One Gold\MODS[/color] folder.

From your WW1G installation, open JSGME and note there are two windows, on the left Available Mods and on the right Activated mods. The left hand window should show just the three mods above. Enable whichever mod you like by using the [color="SeaGreen"]>[/color] button to move the mod from the left to the right window. Then fire up WW1G, all the necessary files are in place, there is no editing or other modding required. One click is all it takes in JSGME to activate or deactivate a Mod.

[color="Red"]VERY IMPORTANT: Only activate one mod at a time.

VERY IMPORTANT: Deactivate any Mod before editing them then reactivate the edited Mod[/color]

In the event of a new patch, disable whichever mod is in use to restore the game to stock and install the patch. Make sure you generate a new snapshot using the JSGME task option.

That's it! JSGME can make it ridiculously easy to activate mods in WW1G.

Good Luck and continue to enjoy WW1G, La Grande Guerre!

-C
Attachments
WW1G Naval Mods.zip
(213.36 KiB) Downloaded 538 times

Franciscus

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:33 pm

Random wrote:Using J.Scones neat little Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME) utility one can easily install or uninstall mods in WW1G. I have adjusted my three Naval Mods for the Grand Campaigns, 1915 and 1916 Scenarios so that modding can be done with one or at most two mouse clicks and reverting to stock is only a mouse click away. The JSGME friendly files for all three Naval Mods are attached below in a single package.

All of the notes regarding the mods remain the same, this is offered to allow users to avoid the tiresome exercise of moving files around, renaming them and creating a file soup.

First download JSGME here:

Jonesoft Website

Install and run initially according to instructions, JSGME will create a folder in your main WW1G called MODS. It is highly recommended restoring your game to stock configuration; I did this simply by running the 1.08O for Oscar patch. Having done so, open JSGME click on Tasks and run the "Generate Snapshot of game files". This creates a copy of stock used to restore WW1G to its published form. Remember to run the WW1G Configurator again as the patch restores the defaults.

I created a JSGME desktop icon named WW1G Mods to run the mod enabler but you can as easily run the executable from the WW1G main folder.

Download the Naval Mod file below, the .zip file contains three folders:

[color="SeaGreen"]1915 Naval
1916 Naval
GC Naval[/color]

Extract these folders into the new [color="SeaGreen"]C:\... World War One Gold\MODS[/color] folder.

From your WW1G installation, open JSGME and note there are two windows, on the left Available Mods and on the right Activated mods. The left hand window should show just the three mods above. Enable whichever mod you like by using the [color="SeaGreen"]>[/color] button to move the mod from the left to the right window. Then fire up WW1G, all the necessary files are in place, there is no editing or other modding required. One click is all it takes in JSGME to activate or deactivate a Mod.

[color="Red"]VERY IMPORTANT: Only activate one mod at a time.

VERY IMPORTANT: Deactivate any Mod before editing them then reactivate the edited Mod[/color]

In the event of a new patch, disable whichever mod is in use to restore the game to stock and install the patch. Make sure you generate a new snapshot using the JSGME task option.

That's it! JSGME can make it ridiculously easy to activate mods in WW1G.

Good Luck and continue to enjoy WW1G, La Grande Guerre!

-C

Great, thank you very much. I have been using JSGME for years, it's one of the greatest tools ever made :thumbsup:

For us with shortening memories :love: could you retell what your Mods do, please ? :coeurs:

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:49 pm

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=22851

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=22790

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=23112

What it says in these threads, basically OOB adjustments, adding Austrian U-Boats for the tonnage war and making the High Seas Fleet somewhat less invincible in battle.

Also, in the Grand Campaign, locks the German African and Qing Dao garrison units until summer 1916 to try and prevent them from conquering the Anglo-French empire territories.

fogg
Conscript

Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:29 pm

The link to the Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME) utility doesn't work. Is there the possibility to find somewhere this utility?

Random
AGEod Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:07 pm

fogg wrote:The link to the Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME) utility doesn't work. Is there the possibility to find somewhere this utility?

I found it here:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Generic-Mod-Enabler.shtml

Return to “WW1 mods and modding”