I am posting this publicly, primarily for Calvinus and Patch 1.08O for Oscar but it is usable for Patch N for November for anyone interested. As always, offered without warranty.
The readme.txt file is below:
La Grande Guerre/World War One Gold
Grand Campaign Scenarios Naval Mod
For 108N AND 108O as in Oscar
Back up the following files:
[color="Red"]World War One Gold\Data\DB\Gamerules.csv
World War One Gold\Data\DB\ProductionCosts.csv
World War One Gold\Data\DB\Units.csv
World War One Gold\Data\DB\WarPlanTurnRules.csv
World War One Gold\Data\DB\Leaders.csv
World War One Gold\Data\DB\GoldScenarios\GrandCampaignFour\Detachments.csv
World War One Gold\Data\DB\GoldScenarios\GrandCampaignFour\Fleets.csv
World War One Gold\Data\DB\GoldScenarios\GrandCampaignFour\Nations.csv
World War One Gold\Data\DB\GoldScenarios\GrandCampaignFour\Reinforcements.csv
World War One Gold\Data\DB\GoldScenarios\GrandCampaignFour\Shipyards.csv
World War One Gold\Data\DB\GoldScenarios\GrandCampaignFour\TurnRules.csv
World War One Gold\Data\DB\GoldScenarios\GrandCampaignTwo\Detachments.csv
World War One Gold\Data\DB\GoldScenarios\GrandCampaignTwo\Fleets.csv
World War One Gold\Data\DB\GoldScenarios\GrandCampaignTwo\Nations.csv
World War One Gold\Data\DB\GoldScenarios\GrandCampaignTwo\Reinforcements.csv
World War One Gold\Data\DB\GoldScenarios\GrandCampaignTwo\Shipyards.csv
World War One Gold\Data\DB\GoldScenarios\GrandCampaignTwo\TurnRules.csv
Unzip this folder into a temporary directory, cutting and pasting into the WW1G DB, GrandCampaignFour and GrandCampaignTwo Scenario folders, replacing the original files. Now go win the War. From scratch...
The enclosed Units.csv file contains a number of modifications and cannot be used with any other stock scenarios.
This mod should restore something resembling naval balance to WW1G and the British Royal Navy is unlikely to face annihilation after a mere ten or so combat rounds at the hands of an inferior High Seas Fleet. A number of values and modifiers have been changed to lessen the otherwise unstoppable power of the Kaiser’s dreadnoughts. As a small offset for the taming of the uber-battleships however, Austria-Hungary may now build U-Boats to add to the tonnage war. Also the Japanese Navy has been adjusted to better reflect its 1914 OOB.
British Admiral Doveton Sturdee is no longer a paltroon. On his worst day he was a far better commander than Milne or Troubridge on their best and he led the RN to its only unambiguous naval victory of the Great War. Feel free to disagree and not install the modded Leaders.csv file.
German colonial garrisons are locked in place until July 1916. This prevents all manner of nasty AI behavours but if you don't agree, do not install the modded WarPlanTurnRules.csv file and have fun wiping out the Anglo-French colonys.
Reinforcements no longer need be placed in major cities and may by placed in any owned and supplied province. If you feel that this should not be possible given the scale of WW1G and one or two-month turns, do not install GameRules.csv
Other naval changes include:
British Royal Navy:
- Most ship names should now have correct spelling along with minor adjustments to the order of battle.
- Scout Fleet is renamed BCF for Battle Cruiser Fleet
- Home Fleet is renamed Grand Fleet as it was on 4 August 1914
- Atlantic Fleet is renamed Channel Fleet as the former was based at Gibraltar.
- There is a new SS fleet in the Med named E-24.
- Aircraft Carrier HMS Argus is now available for building in the Shipyard.
- The fourth Hood Class HMS Anson is now available for building in the Shipyard.
- The negative modifier to all RN combat rolls has been removed although the hard coded shell penalty remains.
- BB Jean Bart were omitted from stock and have been added.
- Order of Battle has been adjusted so BB Dante Alighieri is with the Conte Cavour’s.
- Both Andrea Doria’s require completion via the Shipyards.
- B Squadrons have been adjusted so that the more modern ships are present.
- A CL Squadron of three fast light cruisers of the Marsala type has been added.
- The 9-newest pre-dreadnoughts have been grouped into two B Squadrons. Obsolete ships have been deleted.
- A new AC Squadron contains the best Austrian large cruisers.
- A new CL Squadron contains four fast cruisers of the Saida type.
United States Navy
- Atlantic Fleet dreadnoughts and pre-dreadnoughts have been rearranged into homogenous BB and B Squadrons respectively.
- AC Squadrons have been added as the USN loved their large cruisers, fictional and incorrectly named ships have been deleted or changed.
- A fast CL Squadron containing three cruisers of the Chester type has been added.
- A submarine squadron "SUBLANT" is now available in the USA Box.
Imperial Russian Navy
- The Baltic Fleet now has its historical ships.
- The Black Sea Fleet now has its historical ships.
- AC Unit Bayan and DD Unit Novik have been added to the Baltic Fleet.
- SS Units Narval and Akula have been added at Rewal and Sevastopol respectively.
Imperial Japanese Navy
- 1st Fleet contains the dreadnoughts, newer battleships and faster armoured cruisers.
- Squadron of fast CL's of the Hirato type added to the 1st Fleet.
- 2nd Fleet contains older and slower vessels.
- A third DD unit has been added and is part of the First Fleet. Japan actually sent a DD flotilla to the Med in 1917 to help escort convoys.
- OOB now conforms to those ships historically available and ship names are spelled according to the conventions in the 1914 edition of Jane's Fighting Ships.
- BB Haruna and Kirishima arrive by reinforcement in the spring of 1915.
- The Greek Navy is complete.
- The Dutch Navy is complete.
- GC2_GC4_Naval Mod.zip
- (102.3 KiB) Downloaded 303 times