gwgardner
Brigadier General

turning off map highlight under mouse

Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:02 am

in the map.ini file there is this entry:

HighlightAreasBelowMouse=1

When set to 0 the province under the mouse cursor is no longer highlighted.

Another little step towards simplifying and soothing the look of the map. I appreciate the artistry of the developer in creating the map, and all the bells and whistles, but I just prefer things simpler. Try turning off this highlight - you may like it too.

Chris Ferrous
Corporal

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:57 am

Sounds interesting. I may give it a try along with a couple of other things you've suggested as the various map highlights sometimes perturb me!

I take it that this mod would still allow an actual click on a region to highlight it?

If you can stop the seas going emerald green and snowy regions going orange I'd be grateful too. :)

However, above all else, what I need is a mod that makes the 'movement radius' highlight more prominent. For me it seems to be a slow pulse, maybe lasting 5 or more seconds, during which reachable regions are highlighted but then become extremely dark so I can't see the map at all. The dark part of the cycle seems to last longer than the light too! :wacko:

gwgardner
Brigadier General

Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:53 pm

Yeah, see my 'fade in, fade out' thread in the forum. But Calvinus says there's nothing we can do to stop that.

Yes, if you click on a province it still highlights.

I wasn't seeing the 'movement range' highlight until I lightened all the map tiles. You might try the mod I posted for a lighter map and see if it helps you.

Return to “WW1 mods and modding”