Haplo_Patryn
Brigadier General

Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:42 pm

I'm working in a new AAR, but in spanish.

I'm a moderator in a important strategic spanish web (Puntadelanza) and the best way to spread the word about WWI is to make a "great" AAR. We are doing an AAR contest right now because in "Puntadelanza" there are very good players and writters.

I'm waiting new patches before advancing in my AAR. So far i've finished the introduction chapters and the War Plans selection. I'll attach latter some screen to show how "big" is the AAR i'm doing.

In Spain we have a different way to do an AAR: is not a better way or the best way, is a different way of doing AAR than, for example, the AARs you can read in AGEOD subforum now. :wacko:

A game like WWI deserves a great AAR so that's why i'm waiting the patch that will cure cancer and kill all the bugs and problems, although the game is very playable right now. :cool:

06 Maestro
General

Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:20 am

Haplo_Patryn wrote:I'm working in a new AAR, but in spanish.

A game like WWI deserves a great AAR so that's why i'm waiting the patch that will cure cancer and kill all the bugs and problems, although the game is very playable right now. :cool:

What's the matter-you don't have the gumption to play the game publicly until its perfect? :) That is not how wars are fought-get your boots dirty. :cool:

I would like to see some detailed AAR's also-maybe with the Ernest Hemingway flare too. The existing AAR's were just to show how the game plays and show that it was playable. It was somewhat of a leaning experience also as the manual at the time was somewhat lacking.

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:07 am

Luca: Can you fix it to work within the game? Please. t

Hospitalario
Major

Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:15 am

Muy bien Haplo, que yo te leo en punta de lanza, y lo de los aar´s es de lo más instructivo. Adelante!!

JMass
Corporal

Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:45 am

I worked on the Land Battle Window to render visible the map below, now it is more simple to locate the battle's region (currently I am not using my map mod because I am updating it to v. 1.06a).
Attachments
verdun.jpg
battle_window_1.0.zip
(503.88 KiB) Downloaded 626 times
"Oh my lords, my brothers, my sons, the everlasting honour of Christians is in your hands."
[SIZE="1"]Αυτοκράτορ Κωνσταντίνος ΙΑ' Δραγάσης Παλαιολόγος[/size]

Now playing, testing or modding: AJE-BoR, Ancient Warfare, CMBN, CMFI, CTGW, FoG, RUS, Squad Battles, WWII-Europe
Idling: a lot of games

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:15 pm

Haplo: Huzzah for you my friend!! Looking forward to its completion. Please ensure to coordinate with Luca. t

JudgeDredd
Conscript

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:23 am

Thx for your work. I've just been pointed here from Matrix games.

Unfortunately, your link for your map mod takes me to Filefront, but not to your map.

Any ideas where I can get this from.

I did get your battleview mod which I look forward to using.

Thank you.

JMass
Corporal

Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:10 am

JudgeDredd wrote:Unfortunately, your link for your map mod takes me to Filefront, but not to your map.
Any ideas where I can get this from.

Unfortunately FileFront has posted this:

Dear FileFront User:
We regret to inform you that we are forced to indefinitely suspend the FileFront site operations on March 30, 2009. If you have uploaded files, images or posted blogs, or if you would like to download some of your favorite files, please take this opportunity to download them before March 30th when the site will be suspended.
We would like to give a warm thank you to all of you who have been part of the FileFront communities we have built together. Your support has had a meaningful impact for all of us here at FileFront. Again, we want to give you a sincere “thank you” for your support over the years and wish you all the very best.
Keep gaming alive,
FileFront Management and Team.
Contact_us@filefront.com

So at the moment the map mod needs another file server, I would update it to the last patch (some region's files are changed) but I am busy and I am not sure when it will be ready.
"Oh my lords, my brothers, my sons, the everlasting honour of Christians is in your hands."

Now playing, testing or modding: AJE-BoR, Ancient Warfare, CMBN, CMFI, CTGW, FoG, RUS, Squad Battles, WWII-Europe

AndrewKurtz

Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:01 pm

How large is the file? I might be able to host it. No guarantee on download speed, but at least it would be available.

JMass
Corporal

Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:05 pm

AndrewKurtz wrote:How large is the file? I might be able to host it. No guarantee on download speed, but at least it would be available.

135 MB the zip file, 111 the 7z file.

AndrewKurtz

Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:10 pm

JMass wrote:135 MB the zip file, 111 the 7z file.

I can do that. How can you get them to me? Kind of large for e-mail.

dooya

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:32 pm

AndrewKurtz wrote:I can do that. How can you get them to me? Kind of large for e-mail.
JMass might split the file into two smaller packages and upload them to http://www.materialordner.de/ (size is limited to 100 MB). From there you can get the files and upload them to your server.

At http://www.materialordner.de/ files get stored for only 48 hours, i.e., it is not a permanent solution.
No quote - No bullshit!

JMass
Corporal

Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:53 am

I worked a lot to update my map's mod and upload it ;)

http://rapidshare.com/files/214433128/JM_ww1_map_mod_106.zip.html

I earned my cup of tea... or no? :thumbsup:

JudgeDredd
Conscript

Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:14 pm

Thx JMass, but I get this message on RapidShare

Error
This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

AndrewKurtz

Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:45 am

JMass
Corporal

Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:33 am

Thank you very much! And here is another link (thanks to my friend Balena):

JM_ww1_map_mod_106.zip

:w00t: :happyrun:

JudgeDredd
Conscript

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:06 pm

Thank you very much for supplying the link to the mod andrew and thank you JMass for doing it.

Oehm
Civilian

Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:30 pm

Thanks a lot for this great work!!!!! Looks much better than the original (Sorry Philtib ;) and finally I have a good overview to my troops!
Thanks, thanks, thanks! :thumbsup:

NefariousKoel
Captain

Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:47 pm

Will the land battle window mod work with gold?

This is still needed as it's so difficult to figure out the big picture near each battle.

JMass
Corporal

Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi guys, I was very thrilled to read that Calvinus is implementing a PBEM system to WW1, I played it briefly because I play only pbem games. So waiting the patch to be able to challenge some opponent I worked on a new Gold map mod where I balanced brightness, saturation and contrast on summer land zones. The zip file also contains some interface files: cleaned flags, a square counter with cut corners and the "old" land battle window.
Remember to backup original files!

Download link
Attachments
turkey.jpg
italy.jpg
germany.jpg

NefariousKoel
Captain

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:40 am

That's awesome JMass, thanks!

Especially for including the "old" battle window! :thumbsup:

Also.. did you manage to lower the file size of all the map locations, too? The download size looks to be a good deal smaller than I expected. Good news, if so, as all those bitmaps are a prime cause of game sluggishness methinks.

NefariousKoel
Captain

Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:20 am

Just a heads-up: If you get any file extraction errors, just download it again until everything's good.

I had one bitmap not come out of the zip extraction, with a CRC error, but a new download was good. :thumbsup: It's not the first time I've had buggered file downloads from Filefront/Gamefront; It took four whole downloads of Roma Surrectum II for RTW when I got the five files for it there, but persistence paid off. :bonk: It's still great that anyone can upload their big mods there, so I shouldn't complain about their hosting terribly much. ;)

NefariousKoel
Captain

Sat May 21, 2011 2:28 pm

One more mention: The invisible battle window background is great but I've ran into a possible issue. The siege window seems to freeze up, and not show all it used to. I need to double check again about the details as it's been a few weeks and I'd forgotten to mention it.

Also.. The battle window will not line up properly unless the zoom level is all the way in, so you'll probably want to set it back to that level before ending your turns. Not a big deal, that one, just a suggestion. ;)

JMass
Corporal

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:20 pm

I don't like the "brain" icons, especially the animated brain, so I substituted them with an animated neuron and a gentleman's head.

Download link

JMass
Corporal

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:38 am

Some more files modded, frame flags and stacks, I prefer images lighter and cleaner:

Download link

NefariousKoel
Captain

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:12 am

Thanks! I'll try them out sometime soon. :thumbsup:

JMass
Corporal

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:00 am

And now, I substitued "hand" mouse cursors with smaller arrows:
Attachments
jm_arrow_MapCursor.zip
(7.8 KiB) Downloaded 349 times

NefariousKoel
Captain

Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:30 am

Hey JMass.. are you going to make an updated version of your Map Mod once the final patch comes out (to be 1.08p?)?

It looks like some of the map regions have been changed in the latest update, at least from what I noticed of the file names going in. :blink: Your light map mod and see-through battle windows are practically must-haves for me. :cool:

JMass
Corporal

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:52 pm

NefariousKoel wrote:Hey JMass.. are you going to make an updated version of your Map Mod once the final patch comes out (to be 1.08p?)?

Maybe! ;)

NefariousKoel
Captain

Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:08 pm

Excellent.

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.

:thumbsup:

Return to “WW1 mods and modding”