Bruit Bleu

Nouveaux icones de l'Otan / New Nato icons

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:06 pm

Je découvre La Grande Guerre depuis quelques jours à peine, mais je n'ai pas vraiment pu me faire aux silhouettes des personnages en 3 dimensions, qu'ils soient sous forme de pion ou non, ni même aux icones de l'Otan un peu trop blanc-blanc à mon goût. :)

J'ai donc réalisé un rapide petit mod graphique et glissé une texture "papier" trouvée dans une autre image du jeu à la place du fond blanc des icones. :tournepas

Version compatible avec le patch 1.05 et suivants

Le patch 1.04f introduit un nouveau symbole de l'Otan ; voici donc une mise à jour de mon mod graphique, cette fois en trois version différentes.
Chaque texture est tirée des graphismes du jeu dont j'ai éventuellement assombri la luminosité ; et les traits des icones sont grossis pour une meilleure lisibilité à mon goût.

Jetez un oeil aux captures d'écran et réccupérez l'un des fichiers ci-dessous. Décompressez-le dans le dossier \World War One\Data\Graph\Interface\Image\ du jeu. Ecrasez le fichier existant dont vous aurez au préalable fait une copie de sauvegarde, et lancez le jeu !
:hat:

In English :

The new 1.04f patch introduced a new Nato symbol ; here is an update of my graphic mode, this time with 3 different versions. All texture are taken from the game's graphics, which I darkened if felt necessary ; and icons are bolded for a better readability.

Have a look to the screenshots and download one of the following files. Uncompress it in your \World War One\Data\Graph\Interface\Image\ folder and erase the existing file which you should have make a backup. Launch the game !

[SIZE="1"](étain = tin ; fer = iron ; cuivre = copper)[/size]

blanc de base :

étain :

fer :

cuivre :
Attachments
cuivre.rar
(131.31 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
fer.rar
(127.9 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
etain.rar
(51.17 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

PhilThib

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:12 pm

Bon travail et bien dans le look du jeu :) ... initialement on avait laissé un fond blanc/blanc bien flashy parce qu'il était prévu de colorer les fonds des symboles OTAN avec le code, pour distinguer par exemple les unités activées ou non, ou celles retranchées, etc...

Good work, in the spirit of the game look... we had kep the full white background initially because it was supposed to be color-coded for displaying other information, .e.g. supply status, activated or not, etc... ;)

Bruit Bleu

Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:26 pm

Merci Philippe ! Pour la texture bien dans l'esprit du jeu, il faut en remercier GPepper ! :D
Ma touche personnelle fut juste de grossir un peu les traits. :neener:

" wrote:Il était prévu de colorer les fonds des symboles OTAN avec le code, pour distinguer par exemple les unités activées ou non, ou celles retranchées, etc...

Envisagez-vous toujours tôt ou tard une telle fonctionnalité ? :)
TYW Baroque music mod

Erasmus

PDF

Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:40 pm

Je ne vois pas l'image "après" dans le post ... c'est moins bien ! :(

Bruit Bleu

Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:51 pm

Bizarre... :confused:

Du coup, j'ai attaché les images au message, il suffit de cliquer sur le lien du bas pour les afficher. :)

EDIT : Plus maintenant, il n'y avait pas assez de place dans les fichiers attachés...
TYW Baroque music mod

Erasmus

Bruit Bleu

Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:02 pm

Une nouvelle version du mod graphique mise à jour pour le patch 1.04f (et suivants, si rien n'est fait aux symboles de l'Otan) est disponible, tout est dans le premier message !

:p ouet:

In English :
A new version of the graphic mod updated with the 1.04f patch (and next ones ,if nothing is done to Nato symbols) is available. Everything is in the first post !
TYW Baroque music mod

Erasmus

Queeg
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:38 am

Very nice! I especially like the Copper ones. Thanks.

Haplo_Patryn
Brigadier General

Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:18 pm

Can we use this mod with the last betapatch?

Great work Bruit Bleu! :cool:

calvinus

Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:24 pm

I believe yes....

By the way, WW1 Configurator allows you to manage MODs path! ;)

For exaple, if you duplicate the Data folder into ... let's say ... MyModData, with all files inside, you can change the DBs and Graphs inside the mod path...
Finally, launch the WW1 Configurator and type "MyModData" inside the proper field. ;)

But probably you already did it! ... :D

Bruit Bleu

Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:36 pm

Thanks Queeg and Haplo_Patryn for your comments ! :)

Yes, the mod is compatible with 1.05 ; the nato image file has not change !

calvinus wrote:But probably you already did it! ... :D

Oops, no. :o
My installation technique is over, the existing file.

I will do as you suggest and edit my message ! :nuts:

And, Calvinus, are all nato symbol working as design ? Navy units for example still has an 3d icon...
TYW Baroque music mod

Erasmus

calvinus

Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:39 pm

Bruit Bleu wrote:Oops, no. :o
My installation technique is over, the existing file.

I will do as you suggest and edit my message ! :nuts:

Yes please do it. So you can tell me if it works.
In fact I did this job a lot of time ago, and I never double-checked the Mods factoring since the latest patches... but I'm confident nothing is changed. ;)

Bruit Bleu wrote:And, Calvinus, are all nato symbol working as design ? Navy units for example still has an 3d icon...

NATO symbols are not supposed to be used for navies. The anchors are used for the admirals.

Queeg
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:40 am

Haplo_Patryn wrote:Can we use this mod with the last betapatch?

Great work Bruit Bleu! :cool:

Works fine for me with the latest beta patch.

Bruit Bleu

Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:51 am

calvinus wrote:Yes please do it. So you can tell me if it works.
In fact I did this job a lot of time ago, and I never double-checked the Mods factoring since the latest patches... but I'm confident nothing is changed. ;)

It works perfectly as intended ! :hat:

calvinus wrote:NATO symbols are not supposed to be used for navies. The anchors are used for the admirals.

Is it possible to use a symbol anyway ? 3d navy model doesn't suit with the other icons.

And except navies, for example when you detach guns, planes or special units, they do not use their "Large" Nato symbol, but infanterie's one.
Here is a screenshot which illustrate this.

I detached a bomber and an arty in two seperate stacks, but they are both shown with the infantery cross symbol.

Aren't they suppose to have their own "Large" Nato symbol ?
Attachments
veronese.jpg
TYW Baroque music mod

Erasmus

PhilThib

Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:24 am

I think this is due to the fact that they are "Land Detachments", whose symbol by default is the Infantry one :D

Bruit Bleu

Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:35 am

So what is the use of most of the "Large" Nato symbols, if navies, guns, planes and other specials aren't used ?
TYW Baroque music mod

Erasmus

PhilThib

Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:59 pm

Well, perhaps for future use....you just hinted what could be done... :mdr: ;) :thumbsup:

GoldSabre
Private

Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:46 pm

Salve Calvinus or anyone,
Is the MyModData a folder that I must create or one already present? Is this to be different than the Modding folder I see in the WWI folder, so that persons like me will not mess up the core game files? :blink:
Perhaps a screenshot of windows explorer would explain this to a challenged person like me.
My center is giving way, my right is in retreat; situation excellent. I shall attack. -Gen. Ferdinand Foch

Such bravado!

Bruit Bleu

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi GoldSabre !

You can install a mod directly into the game \Data\ folder without creating a modfolder as I explained in the first post.

You can also copy your full \World War One\Data\ folder and rename it for example \World War One\MyModData\ or anything else. Then you can install the mod into this folder.
(in the example of my NATO mod, it would be into \World War One\MyModData\Graph\Interface\Image\)
Then, you have to launch the configurator tool and specify that your modfolder is named "MyModData" in place of "Data".

This solution has the elegance of doing nothing to the original files, but as my mod is very small and new patches often released (needing the mod to be reinstalled - and the full folder copied again), I don't find it particularly appropriate. :)

However, the mod is now quite useless, as in a previous patch, NATO icons were colored with their nation's color rather than staying plain white.
But you can still use it ! ;)

EDIT : The \Modding\ folder present in WW1 are the files used to alter the game, the database and such.
TYW Baroque music mod

Erasmus

GoldSabre
Private

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:40 am

Merci beaucoup poilu Bleu.
My center is giving way, my right is in retreat; situation excellent. I shall attack. -Gen. Ferdinand Foch

Such bravado!

Return to “WW1 mods and modding”