the_king_in_yellow
Conscript

Game Freezes and Will Not Proceed to the Next Phase

Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:51 am

I was trying a 1914 Central Powers game using the naval mod with 1.08q. Towards the end of 1915 or 1916 I managed to get Russia to capitulate. A turn or so after the capitulation I tried to advance to the next turn. After the military phase I should I have either gone to the events phase or perhaps the interphase bug the game froze and would not advance.

I was originally playing using single core mode and after the freeze I tried a variety of things. I tried it without single core mode. I tried it with/without UAC. I disabled and enabled "give AI more time/ use all AI behaviors." I disabled sounds I disabled then enabled load map at start. Nothing worked and it always froze at the exact same spot. Prior to the freeze I was seeing some odd things as well. The entente and deployed a Russian army to the western Front. And Envar Pasha was quite surprised when he encountered French and British troops on the Armenian front as well.

I was having quite a bit of fun so if anyone could help me rescue the game I would be very grateful. Also, if this happens in the future I'd like to know how to solve the problem.

Below I attached the .sav and .map
Attachments
quicksave.rar
(398.24 KiB) Downloaded 248 times

calvinus

Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:32 pm

I'll look at it as soon as possible. :)
Visit my other games at : http://www.calvinusgames.com

the_king_in_yellow
Conscript

Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:32 pm

Thank you! I very much appreciate your help!

calvinus

Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:20 pm

Very strange, I do reproduce the freeze, but I cannot understand the cause. I have to investigate...
In the meanwhile, you can use the attached savegame ([ATTACH]28809[/ATTACH]) to continue playing (I managed to exit the freeze using the debugger).
Attachments
Nov - Dec 1915.zip
(457.09 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
Visit my other games at : http://www.calvinusgames.com

Return to “WW1 Technical support / Aide technique”