FleetingThought
Private

Couple of brief newbie questions

Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:06 pm

Hi!

I've become enamored of everything AGEOD is doing, and picked this up at Matrix Games recently. Astonishing game.

I am on a Windows 8.1 64 Pro system, seemed to install okay and I checked the registry key in the Wow3264 node and it seems consistent with those for other AGEOD games.

I am noticing that I only can get the 1.08L update? If I download the update from here 1.08Q, if I check for update using the Matrix Games interface, it tells me I have a newer version and reinstalls 1.08L.

I get a "program did not work correctly" on exit error message, but it doesn't seem to interfere with the running of the game. I can post the Event Viewer crash info here if that will be useful. It is one of those c0000005 errors.

Finally, is there any kind of way to install an alternate font that is more like current AGEOD interface fonts? I find the latter more readable, and it would be great if I could update the game to those.

All really minor nits, otherwise am running the game just fine and looking forward to digging into it.

I know it is six years old, but I think it will be a timeless classic and I will be playing it 20 years from now, so as long as AGEOD is around, I will be interested in any future updates/version 2s/etc. that the designer and company may want to sell.

The support here is excellent and the game should get continued attention and interest; it is easily as fascinating as any of AGEOD's most recent projects, and competitive in scale and thoughtfulness -- with, I think, more compelling historical context -- than Paradox's Europa Universalis series, as excellent as that is.

Thank you for listening, and get to this when you can, no rush. I am poised and ready to pounce on Revolution Under Siege Gold when it's done in a few months. :coeurs:

calvinus

Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:04 pm

Hello, send a PM to PhilThib and ask him the download link of full installer 1.08Q.
I used the full installer on Win8.1 and the game runs fine on my PC.
Visit my other games at : http://www.calvinusgames.com

FleetingThought
Private

Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:30 pm

Thank you for such a quick reply! I found that link in the forum, I will download it and just ignore updating via Matrix after it's installed, I assume that should work.

Amazing you respond so quickly for a game you've been working on for so many years; I admire your patience and fortitude!

Return to “WW1 Technical support / Aide technique”