neonknight_ger
Civilian

Siege Bug

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:48 am

On the siege screen, as the attacker, I am not able to deploy my troops. Every time I try drag and drop an infantery corps in to the frontline, ww1 tells me that only infantry corps are allowed to be deployed there. Same for artillery, so I cannoct conduct any assaults or bombardments of forts.

This problem occurs every in every time the siege screen opens for me. I am using version 1.08q.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:03 pm

I do not recall seeing this before and cannot reproduce the problem in the siege window.

Are you sure that you have selected the Assault option before attempting to move your infantry?

You do not need to move artillery into the front line box to bombard, just press the Bombardment button and then Engage.

For what it's worth, infantry assaults are often a really bad idea with a good probability of high casualties coupled with less than stellar prospects for success. But these sorts of decisions are why you're paid the big-bucks.

If you're doing everything correctly and it's still not working you might try to zip up a save and post it here so that somebody can look at it.

-C

neonknight_ger
Civilian

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:27 am

Random wrote:I do not recall seeing this before and cannot reproduce the problem in the siege window.

Are you sure that you have selected the Assault option before attempting to move your infantry?

You do not need to move artillery into the front line box to bombard, just press the Bombardment button and then Engage.

For what it's worth, infantry assaults are often a really bad idea with a good probability of high casualties coupled with less than stellar prospects for success. But these sorts of decisions are why you're paid the big-bucks.

If you're doing everything correctly and it's still not working you might try to zip up a save and post it here so that somebody can look at it.

-C

Thank you for your hints, I will give it another try this weekend.

Return to “WW1 Technical support / Aide technique”