AgentMagneta
Civilian

Scrolling problem, boundaries.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:34 pm

Hi!

First post, love the game. Have just started up learning it. Although I see a problem that hasn't really affected me yet but I can see it becoming one :)

I can scroll to the extreme left and to the bottom. But to the top and to the right I hit an inviseble wall. I can zoom out to see further to the right or top but I can never go to the extremes.

I can never see all the off map boxes on the "globe" to the right and I can not see northern Lithuania for example.

Tried searching and looking up in the faq but I couldn't see the problem. If it has been covered before I am sorry.

AgentMagneta
Civilian

Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:48 pm

Attachment shows the furthest right I can scroll with max zoom.
Attachments
furthestright.jpg

calvinus

Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:49 am

If it happens at any zoom level, the reason could be that some map bitmaps are corrupted and are not loaded at game start...

Did you try to uninstall and install again? Do you have the full installer or the gold upgrade kit? The full installer is surely ok.

AgentMagneta
Civilian

Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:23 am

I'll try that. It was a couple of days ago I installed it. I did one mistake when I bought the upgrade that might be interesting to know. I thought I had bought World War One from ageod. So I bought the upgrade from you here. But the initial purchase was from Gamers Gate I found out checking for possible problems :(

So my upgrade path looks like this:

World War One (GG) -> World war one Gold (Ageod) -> 1.08L

I was also speculating if I should try a non-desktop resolution that was 4:3 as I have a widescreen monitor. So I tried the resolutions available in the configurator but those lower resolutions makes this problem worse.

I'll reinstall and be back with the results :)

calvinus

Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:40 pm

So I understand you bought the "Gold Upgrade Kit" and not the "WW1 Gold Full", right?

If so, I strongly suggest you to send a PM to PhilThib who will reply to you by sending the download link to the full game installer.

vwxy388
Civilian

things and

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:23 am

things and wow gold parents say it again. "You say is buy wow gold right? By you so that full lace wig you are experiencing the sunset wow gold and the robbers, and that's rattling is a wow accounts simultaneity? You can be in the lottery .

Megadyptes
Civilian

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:15 am

Apologies for bumping such an old thread but the OP describes exactly the same problem as I am having. I can't scroll to the furthest edges of the map, similar to the screenshot the OP provided. I bought the Gold edition today, not an upgrade or anything. I uninstalled/reinstalled but the problem remains. If I zoom out I can scroll a bit further to the edges but not fully. Any help?

Edit: welp I sorted it out, I was just being an idiot and thought the top 1914 campaign was the main campaign, selected the actual Grand Campaign and I can scroll everywhere. Ignore me!

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:23 am

Nah, we cannot ignore fellow WW1G players. Glad you're sorted out.

Return to “WW1 Technical support / Aide technique”