suediarra
Private

making the game run more smoothly

Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:28 am

Hi,

I´ve seen that the game speed and the mouse pointer are big issues in this forum. I´ve had and partially I still have that problem so I´ve read every thread and post there is on the matter. I´ve done everything that has been said to speed uup the game: turn off UAC, changements in game configurator,turn off antivirus, defragmentation, changes in the in-game options menu etc... That helped quite a lot but I´ve tried a couple of others things to speed it up even more. These two steps are especially recommended for those of you whose computers are not very powerful or new.

1.- Configure your windows system to give you "the best performance". Your windows graphics will look like hell but the game runs much faster.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/75417-visual-effects-options.html

2.- Get a USB-key and use the windows function "readyboost" for the computer to use it as storage capacity or extra RAM memory.

sorry the link is in Swedish but it´s a step by step process with images,you´ll figure it out)

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2010/02/07/how-to-enable-and-use-readyboost-in-windows-7-and-vista/sv/

Good luck

suediarra
Private

WW1 Configurator tool: security level 2?

Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:31 am

by the way,

I read this in this forum:

"2) WW1 Configurator tool: if you want to have a less jerky behaviour of the game during AI job, set the "Security Level" to 2".

My security level option in the wwi configurator is greyed out so I can´t change it. Anybody can help?"

thanks

suediarra
Private

readyboost

Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:36 am

if your USB-key is not readyboost compatible you can download the following program to format it and cheat your way around, that´s what I did.

http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/hardware/32594/hp_usb_disk_storage_format_tool.html

Clovis

Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:56 am

Hi, try to run the game in single core mode ( there's a shortcut in the WW1 directory). I suspect you're using a Intel processor with hyperthreading.
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

suediarra
Private

single core mode

Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:10 pm

hi clovis

I´ve read about it but I thought it only applied to windows 7? But maybe I´m wrong,I´m using Vista. I ran the game in single core mode and the game loaded faster but no difference in game play. The mouse is as slow and laggy/jerky as usual. Frustrating.

Just in case it´s of any info/help here are my specs:

laptop with Vista
AMD Turion(tm) 62 x2 TL60
4 gb RAM
2 gb graphic card ATI radeon M76(M)

thanks

suediarra
Private

security level3

Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:15 pm

btw, I can´t change the security level in the game configurator,it´s greyed out on 3 (SLOW). Maybe changing that could help?

Moff Jerjerrod
Sergeant

Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi suediarra,

I'm running Vista and an AMD processor quad core and have noticed a huge improvement in game performance when running in single core mode. Give it a try and see how it works.

suediarra
Private

Single core mode

Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:26 pm

hi Moff

I did try (see one of my previous posts in this thread) but no difference. Now I reinstalled the game, applied all the things said in this forum but no difference. The only thing I haven´t tried is changing the security level in the game configurator down to 2 but I can´t because it´s greyed out. Now it is on 3 and it says "slow". Maybe that´s the difference. have you changed your security level yourself?

suediarra
Private

hi moff

Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:39 pm

hi again,

I also disabled all music and sounds + all changes in the configurator, single core mode, UAC;desktop composition, I defragmented the hard drive, I cleaned the registry, searched for virus and spyware, the things I explained at the beginning of this thread etc... everything you can imagine, I´m running the game in 800x600 and I installed it in other hard drive than the usual C:, I read somewhere that you should do that with all programs, movies,music etc not to burden the operative system that much.

The mouse is still too slow, too damn slow....

suediarra
Private

mouse in vista

Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:47 pm

I´m gonna make some experiments with the mouse in visa to see if that helps

suediarra
Private

no improvement

Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:41 pm

no luck with the mouse.

Return to “WW1 Technical support / Aide technique”