ironwarrior
Private

performance issues in GC

Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:59 am

Great game! I am really enjoying this one, but I am noticing a lot of lag and performance troubles when I play the grand campaign to the point where the mouse is barely crawling across the screen (I have set the mouse sensitivity almost all the way up). I am able to play the 1914 scenario with much better performance and was able to get a multi player seesion in with only a little lag here and there. Definately don't have the same problems in that scenario as the grand campaign. I also notice it gets worse the further I get into the campaign as more units and nations are used.

Any tips? (buy a new PC? lol)
P4 3.00, ATI Radeon HD 3650 1 GB PCI Express Graphics Card, 4 GB RAM, Windows XP.

(I had also tried a reinstall... my first install actually destroyed a bunch of my other games... the DivX looked like the culprit as that icon was present in the few files that were left for those games :D )

poweraxe

Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:26 am

Have you tried disabling vertical synch in the configurator? For me, this improved the game performance by quite a bit.

calvinus

Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:36 pm

Also, use the latest official patch 1.08I, run the game logged in as PC Administrator, disable UAC, run the game in single-core mode (one CPU only) especially if under Win7, etc. etc...

Moff Jerjerrod
Sergeant

Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:44 pm

ironwarrior your rig sounds like it is powerful enough to run this game. I would follow calvinus' suggestions and see if that helps.

Another possible fix you can try is loading all map and sounds at start. You can find these options in the WW1G Configurator.

ironwarrior
Private

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:05 pm

Appreciate the tips guys, but nothing is working so far. I've tried just about everything on the configurator now (in addition to checking for driver updates, registry clean, etc!) and have color depth low and loading entire map and sounds etc, although I can't find the single core mode? Could this be the problem?

calvinus

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:19 pm

Run the game in single-core mode:

Start menu (of Windows) > World War One Gold > World War One (single-core mode)

Patch 1.08I must be installed.

ironwarrior
Private

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:21 pm

Aha! :thumbsup:

Thanks Calvinus will give that a try, was just using the desktop icon. Tried to look around in the folder and couldn't find it.

EDIT: just tried it and a DOS screen flickers for a second and nothing happens (doesn't load the game). I do have v1.08I.

calvinus

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:31 pm

ironwarrior wrote:EDIT: just tried it and a DOS screen flickers for a second and nothing happens (doesn't load the game). I do have v1.08I.

What is the operating system? Single-CPU mode does not work with XP...

Edit: try also to configure the Antivirus just to see if it's the cause of such slow downs.

ironwarrior
Private

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:32 pm

calvinus wrote:what is the operating system? Single-cpu mode does not work with xp...

xp :(

calvinus

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:41 pm

What happens if you move the slider of the mouse sensitivity to the left? Does the mouse move faster? And what happens if you move it on the right?

What is the antivirus installed on your PC? Is the Antivirus configured so that WW1.EXE is to be considered a trusted application.

It's very strange the game runs so slow on XP. The game should work on XP definitively better than on other OS! :wacko:

ironwarrior
Private

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:48 pm

With the mouse sensitivity I first tried all the way to the left and it made it move slower, so I now have it almost all the way to the right. It is very fast during the opening screen and on the 1914 Guns of August scenario, but is crawling in my GC. I also have the sliders on the in-game options all the way to the left.

Mcafee... and I can't seem to find a way to configure the anti-virus to exempt just any one program. The firewall I have set to Full Access however. Maybe I'm missing how to do it with the anti-virus... Mcafee used to be a lot easier to configure. :D

Edit: guess I could try and launch it with anti-virus disabled and see how it goes.

(Didn't make any difference with antivirus disabled, also noticed my fps was at 3.83)

vwxy388
Civilian

this probability

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:27 am

this probability wow gold Yang is clearly not the buy wow gold ascendant too conceive that full lace wig a mortal can get two sequent wow gold robbery. Hunch, said Yang Ming, the rudimentary nature wow accounts of these two is not the.

Return to “WW1 Technical support / Aide technique”