Sathariel
Conscript

Neverending AI freeze?

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Hi there, got the game today and tried playing it for a bit... Not really sure what is going on yet and the tutorial (that in 99% of the games I skip but in this case it was most needed) didnt explain everything but finding out all the details of the game I dont mind so its not the reason why Im writing this topic.

In my first game as Central Powers something quite weird happened, after a few military and some other turns, the first Political turn started... and never finished. I was supposed to wait for the AI so I waited and waited and then waited some more and then for a change I waited... 10? minutes more or less until I became quite certain that something's wrong. 'Happens to the best' I thought, Alt+Ctrl+Del and I closed the game there. Tried starting a new game (as I had no Autosave on) and I cant even finish first turn cause it says that the AI is still 'thinking'. I`d imagine the AI to be quite good if it works even when the game is off :neener: but still would be nice if I had an opportunity to do something too from time to time ;) .

I`m quite sure restarting the computer is gonna fix the problem (or should I say - I hope so!, thought restarting the game will fix it too), but Im just wondering if problems like that are common or its just my begginers luck? Would like to get deeper into WWI but dont really feel like restarting my computer ever hour just to play :( .

EDIT: OK as a self-punishement for my own stupidity I`m not gonna delete what I wrote earlier, just add this edit. :w00t:
I couldnt press 'Next Turn' because I`ve never even started the game. Apparently for me having a huge writing in the middle of the screen saying to press the pause button is not enough...
Sorry for wasting the space, hope maybe at least someone will have a bit of laugh, if not maybe some admin can delete this topic.

Hobbes

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:25 pm

I once posted a message complaining about graphics not looking quite right for the period in one of AGEOD's new games - I later realised I had loaded up the wrong game!

Anybody else have any threads they wish they hadn't started? :)
Cheers, Chris

Lannes
Major

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:53 am

It's a great game, but you really get involved because not easy.

Courage, the fun is playing.

Sorry for my english

Return to “WW1 Technical support / Aide technique”