Danconmara
Conscript

Mouse Controls are very imprecise and jerky

Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:41 pm

The mouse controls make the game very difficult to play. I have turned everything off in configurator and loadeed map up at start. It is slightly better but not very playable. Any suggestions?

Danconmara
Conscript

Mouse controls

Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:45 pm

it seems no-one has had this problem then, as there have been several viewers but no comments. Thought I might provide further info:

vista laptop with 4 gb RAM; running latest patched version; music and sounds turned off; map loaded at start I can't change the security level though because it is greyed out for some reason; use screen resolution; AI meory enabled (should this be off?).

calvinus

Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:10 pm

What do you mean exactly? Is the movement of the mouse pointer too fast? Too much sensible? Have you tried tweaking the mouse control sensitivity on windows? I have the same config like you, but no problem with the mouse pointer.

db99
Corporal

Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:28 pm

Danconmara wrote:it seems no-one has had this problem then, as there have been several viewers but no comments. Thought I might provide further info:

If you mean that the mouse is very jerky and imprecise at times then yes I've had this problem. It's so much better than it was in the beginning that I guess I've learned to adapt and play in a sort of slow motion to let it catch up :)

I suspect having a hardware mouse setting as other Ageod games have might clear it up. I experience the same sort of issues in BoA and Nappy when using the software mouse but not the hardware one.

calvinus

Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:12 am

db99 wrote:If you mean that the mouse is very jerky and imprecise at times then yes I've had this problem.

Mmmh... yes the mouse is sometimes jerky. This is when the game commonly executes/schedules a big amount of actions/orders planned by the AI. As soon it finishes, the mouse comes back normal.

Danconmara
Conscript

Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:18 pm

The pointer keepd jumping around and it is very difficult to click on anything as the pointer will not stay still.

I have noticed that this problem occurs with my Vista laptop but not the XP one, though the former is more powerful with a larger amount of RAM. I deduce from this that is it a Vista problem.

I am not sure about the point about software vs hardware mouse, but the problem is the same whether I use a mouse or the pad.

calvinus

Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:32 pm

Danconmara wrote:The pointer keepd jumping around and it is very difficult to click on anything as the pointer will not stay still.

I have noticed that this problem occurs with my Vista laptop but not the XP one, though the former is more powerful with a larger amount of RAM. I deduce from this that is it a Vista problem.

I am not sure about the point about software vs hardware mouse, but the problem is the same whether I use a mouse or the pad.

Reading your post, I realise the problem is not because of the AI activity... :wacko:

Dragoon!
Sergeant

Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:25 pm

Was there ever a hardware option added? I couldn't ever really play this game because of these mousing issues, it just annoyed me. If there ever is a hardware cursor option added, be sure and put it in the patch read-me on the forums..I'll re-install and give this game another look

Dragoon!
Sergeant

Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:52 pm

I deduce from this that is it a Vista problem.

Hmm, you know what, I just ran into this in another game that had a software cursor and over-sensitive mousing, and I started running it in WinXP compatibility mode and the mousing really smoothed out. I might re-install and see if it works for this one as well..

Return to “WW1 Technical support / Aide technique”