Cavalryman
Corporal

Have stuck with the game...BUT!

Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:33 pm

Have stuck with the game despite the lack of a decent manual and other technical issues...but it now appears to freeze up on me on a regular basis meaning that nothing works...and that wherever I am in the game I lose all data and have to start again....and this is on simple scenarios...I wonder what might happen if I tried some of the more complex ones?

This all is imensely frustrating....I think that you are certainly on to something here....but to have released it in this format before proper testing is pretty unforgivable......

PDF

Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:42 pm

Hmm.. .Did you apply the latest 1.05c patch ? Most of the game-breaking bugs from the original versions have been fixed.
Alos, which settings do you use in the Configurator ? Which rules options (turn by turn or simultaneous) ?
What are your PC specs ? What's your age ? Your favorite color ? The speed of a swallow ? :D

Cavalryman
Corporal

Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:13 pm

Using the 1.05c patch......using default settings.....wego....nothing unusual.....brand new computer.....running Vista.....2.00GB RAM

PDF

Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:58 pm

200 GB RAM ? :D That's the problem, that much RAM isn't supported ... :mdr:
In this case I can't help much more, sorry...

Cavalryman
Corporal

Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:07 am

I apologise for missing out the dot....I meant 2.00GB.....(clearly I do not own a super computer with 200GB RAM!!!!)....suffice to say my computer meets or exceeds all the technical requirements of the game as advertised on your website selling it.......but I notice elsewhere on this forum computers are blamed for not running this game....I cannot see that it is a legitimate defence to blame the computers, when clearly from reading the posts anywhere on this website it is the game mechanics and the resulting bugs that are causing so many issues.....and are just not up to the job you claim in the advertising hype.

While I do have some confidence in the company to resolve these issues in the fullness of time...I do object to having spent quite a lot of money on something that simply fails to deliver either to the hype or even give a basic level of service.

Were I to produce a product to my customers so woefully lacking in delivering that which it purports to deliver I may well committ a criminal offence ....please give me some indication as to a date where I might reasonably expect the game to work for more than one turn?

I have the same continuing issues as others here......once loading anything like a more complex scenario the game crashes....even with the latest patch.....1.0.5c.....this really is too bad!

Come along chaps.....do you not think that you really need to sort this out now?.....you have our money...now DELIVER!

calvinus

Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:41 am

Just to know how you configured the game:

1) the "Lock full-screen" option (WW1 configurator) is to be disabled (unless you have no antivirus installed on the pc);
2) the "AI Logs" option (WW1 configurator) is to be disabled (unless your antivirus does not consider the creation of html logs as threats).

Also, some other informations on the game mode you are playing is welcome...

Have you tried also the Patch 1.04g (previous official)?
Do you have so many crashes also with the previous official patch?

Cavalryman
Corporal

Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:18 pm

Had similar crashes playing it before with other patches...(but now they seem to occur earlier)...and one at least was event related...or appeared to be.....initial event of 1914 scenario.....

My configuration is as you have specified.....no different to before....

calvinus

Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:27 pm

Some players are suffering crashes with the sound system. Can you try please by disabling sounds?

Or also, enable sounds and set the "Load all sounds at start" option as on and the "Play sounds in streaming mode" option as off. I suspect some PCs are suffering crashes due to multi-thread sound system (the freeze upon load of music could be the cause of such crashes, but only of some PCs).

Thanks for your patience,
Calvinus.

Cavalryman
Corporal

Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:37 pm

I had played without sound and it still crashed....I will try the other sound options....

Cavalryman
Corporal

Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:34 pm

Looks like you are on to something......I turned all sounds off on config screen before loading the game......I managed to play about four turns...then decided to abort my activity.....when I opted to quit without saving.....it froze the computer...but everything appeared to work fine up to that point.....wow....phew....we might be getting somewhere....

Cavalryman
Corporal

Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:00 pm

OK....with the streaming turned off and no music, it works!....and having been rude about so much of the product I am begining to realise why I felt persevering with it would be worth while...there is some real gaming depth here....for instance the opportunity to abandon the Schliefen plan is right up my street.....events are superb....this has the promise of a great game......and another Ageod Triumph!.....keep doing all you can to improve it...and get that "bally" Manual sorted...but I think you have something here chaps.....damn it if I don't!......

calvinus

Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:34 pm

Happy to hear your good news Cavalryman! :thumbsup:

Thanks for your patience,
Calvinus.

Return to “WW1 Technical support / Aide technique”