Marquee
Sergeant

DirectX installation

Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:17 pm

When I go to install DirectX from the game, it asks where I want to install it. It doesn't just install where it should go like other games. There's a "Browse" button, but I don't know where I should navigate to install the thing.

Which directory should this be directed to during installation?

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:46 am

I always put such files in the same directory as the OS, I think it makes the most sense but I'm not surprised that it doesn't matter which directory you put it in.
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

Todd Davis
Civilian

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:04 am

Help! I just downloaded the game and had a failure to install Direct file notice....now, when the ganme starts, all I get is a black screen and I have no control over anything....I don't know what to do!

:(

calvinus

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:23 am

Ok Todd, do not worry. It's a very simple problem: your DivX codec are not up-to-date. So, when you launch the game, you see a black screen because the game is not able to render the Intro Video on the screen.

So do as follows:
1) Download the latest DivX codecs on Internet
2) If you can't or the DivX installer refuses absolutely to be installed, disable the "Play Intro video" option (Configure Game tool).

Return to “WW1 Technical support / Aide technique”