Le Ricain

Freezes

Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:13 pm

Successfully played the Tannenburg and Palestine scenarios without a single problem. Loaded the 1918 scenario (as allies) and the screen froze while loading scenario. Error message was 'World War I has stopped working'.

Also, when I load the game I get a black screen and after a bit music starts to play. I assume that this is the intro video that I am missing. After some time the game is launched.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

murat
Lieutenant

Desperate Player WW1

Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:27 pm

I'm desperate.
I've got 2gig and Core2 processor, but the game is freezes when I begin the militry phase in grand campaign with 2 players. I tryed to disactive the antivirur and the firewall, and I've eliminated all options about sound and about AI, but the game is always freezes.
Help us, Calvinus please.
anthore pathc very soon.

calvinus

Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:34 pm

The game freezes and NEVER finishes the AI job??
Working on this issue like a mad.

murat
Lieutenant

Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:41 pm

Yes, The game freezes and NEVER finishes the AI job.
How does we can to find a solution for this problem?
I'm desperate.......

Tamas

Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:13 pm

murat wrote:Yes, The game freezes and NEVER finishes the AI job.
How does we can to find a solution for this problem?
I'm desperate.......

I can tell you that Calvinus is working very hard on this. I will be interested to see what incompatibility/bug is causing this, since none of us betas have it. :(

Acajoun
Conscript

Freezes?

Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:44 pm

Hello,
I don't know if the game (Grand Campaign 2 and 4 players) realy freezes when we are in the AI turn :confused: : it could to be simply very slow (after some minutes I've waited, I turn the game off) but the problem exists. I hope it will be resolved because the other scenarios show the game is worth of praise.
S.

PhilThib

Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:35 pm

We worked most of the afternoon on this.. incredible stuff..indeed totally unknown an all our team...and the guys having trouble have machines that are so close with us ????

BTW, if anyone having freezes AND not having bought preload (just regular) let us know... if none, there might be a minimal chance the freeze could come from the activation process...but we doubt it and won't explore this trail unless all the freezes are also on games from preload customers.... :bonk:

Le Ricain

Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:49 pm

PhilThib wrote:We worked most of the afternoon on this.. incredible stuff..indeed totally unknown an all our team...and the guys having trouble have machines that are so close with us ????

BTW, if anyone having freezes AND not having bought preload (just regular) let us know... if none, there might be a minimal chance the freeze could come from the activation process...but we doubt it and won't explore this trail unless all the freezes are also on games from preload customers.... :bonk:

Sorry to report that I purchased La Grande Guerre today; not by preload and still had problems. However, I got the Grand Campaign (two players) to work before it crashed during a special events phase.

I did not buy by preload. Apart from some CTD's. the two player GC has worked pretty good; no freezes. I am up to August 1915.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

PhilThib

Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:05 pm

OK, at least we know it is not related to the preload patch. :bonk: :blink:

Tamas

Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:06 pm

Anyone here having this fatal freeze with a 32 bit operating system? Or only 64 bit people?

pkpowers
Corporal

Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:16 pm

i have 32bit xp system

laptop 1.8 gig cpu /// 2 gig ram

desktop 2.6 cpu // 2 g ram

neither one can avoid the eternal ai thinking :bonk:

pkpowers
Corporal

Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:26 pm

just tried jutland as german ' freezes at start up with newspaper report, esc won't allow quit, had to c/a/d

I'm sorry, this is first time to have massive trouble with aegod game

Nikel

Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:29 pm

Tamas wrote:Anyone here having this fatal freeze with a 32 bit operating system? Or only 64 bit people?

I have a Vista x64 ultimate, just in case PhilThib wants to send me a download link :niark:

Now seriously, another think you could try to investigate, now that you said that the game supports multi core engines, is if people with problems have a AMD or a Intel processor

dooya

Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:46 pm

pkpowers wrote:just tried jutland as german ' freezes at start up with newspaper report, esc won't allow quit, had to c/a/d

I'm sorry, this is first time to have massive trouble with aegod game
When you start the jutland scenario, you have to press the ok button in the first newspaper report and then it looks like it is frozen. However, if you click on the small text on the newspaper explaining the options of this event, the ok-button is active again and when you press it, the games goes on.
No quote - No bullshit!

dooya

Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:47 pm

Nikel wrote:I have a Vista x64 ultimate, just in case PhilThib wants to send me a download link :niark:

[...]
Or you send in your PC? :w00t: :thumbsup: :wacko:
No quote - No bullshit!

Tamas

Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:52 pm

Nikel wrote:Now seriously, another think you could try to investigate, now that you said that the game supports multi core engines, is if people with problems have a AMD or a Intel processor

Yes! Please people, those who have these freezes, tell us if you have an AMD or Intel processor, and wether single or multi CPUs

pkpowers
Corporal

Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:54 pm

When you start the jutland scenario, you have to press the ok button in the first newspaper report and then it looks like it is frozen. However, if you click on the small text on the newspaper explaining the options of this event, the ok-button is active again and when you press it, the games goes on.

i understand how to advance screens...thanks for the training... :blink:

I pushed every button/checkmark/arrow available...hence my original posting

Nikel

Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:58 pm

dooya wrote:Or you send in your PC? :w00t: :thumbsup: :wacko:

Yep.

But that is the plan B

B1 Send the desktop

B2 Send the laptop

But for now stick with the plan A, send me the link to download the game :wacko:

PD: LOL dooya. Did I tell you before that your humor is incredible?! :love:

Le Ricain

Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:58 pm

Tamas wrote:Yes! Please people, those who have these freezes, tell us if you have an AMD or Intel processor, and wether single or multi CPUs

I have Intel 32 bit with quad CPU's and 3 GB RAM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

dooya

Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:01 pm

pkpowers wrote:When you start the jutland scenario, you have to press the ok button in the first newspaper report and then it looks like it is frozen. However, if you click on the small text on the newspaper explaining the options of this event, the ok-button is active again and when you press it, the games goes on.

i understand how to advance screens...thanks for the training... :blink:

I pushed every button/checkmark/arrow available...hence my original posting
No, there is no button or check mark - you have to press on the text. This is why I gave this strange advice. :(

~edit~
Just checked in the game - You have to click on "Fleets to North Sea", thereafter you can use the ok button in the lower right corner of the newspaper to close the newspaper.
No quote - No bullshit!

Tamas

Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:01 pm

Le Ricain wrote:I have Intel 32 bit with quad CPU's and 3 GB RAM.

:confused: That is also my setup, (I run 32 bit Vista on a 64bit quad Intel CPU with 4 gigs of ram, 1 lost to the GeForce graphics card).

sval06
Captain

Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:03 pm

Tamas wrote:Yes! Please people, those who have these freezes, tell us if you have an AMD or Intel processor, and wether single or multi CPUs

Intel Processor on both

Desktop: ok I know this one is under specs but I tried first on this one, and the game is slower than the other one, but it is playable except freezing naturally - In order to give you the more detailled informations I can, I mention it

Pentium 4 - 2.93 Ghz // 1 Gb Ram - XPHome

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo T7500 // 2 Gb Ram - Vista

ambien
Conscript

Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:36 pm

I have found that turning off the sound greatly speeds up the game (which is too bad, as I would love to hear my guns raining hell on the enemy)

Le Ricain

Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:55 pm

Le Ricain wrote:Sorry to report that I purchased La Grande Guerre today; not by preload and still had problems. However, I got the Grand Campaign (two players) to work before it crashed during a special events phase.

I did not buy by preload. Apart from some CTD's. the two player GC has worked pretty good; no freezes. I am up to August 1915.

My current experience has been pretty good. Playing the two player GC, there have been no freezes, but a few CTD's. I am up to August 1915. I am playing with the 'factory installs' on the options.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Le Ricain

Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:45 pm

Le Ricain wrote:Successfully played the Tannenburg and Palestine scenarios without a single problem. Loaded the 1918 scenario (as allies) and the screen froze while loading scenario. Error message was 'World War I has stopped working'.

Also, when I load the game I get a black screen and after a bit music starts to play. I assume that this is the intro video that I am missing. After some time the game is launched.

Today I selected the 1918 scenario as the allies and the scenario launched perfectly. I am not sure what happened in my earlier attempt.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Return to “WW1 Technical support / Aide technique”