ulver1
Sergeant

Still getting issues with missing overlays periodically.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:29 pm

Still getting issues with missing overlays periodically.

Running the “upgrade to gold” version.
Restaring the game always resolves the issue but it usually comes back. I uninstalled the game – disabled UCA reinstalled “normal WWI and then the gold upgrade kit. When I start the game up it works fine for awhile and then the missing overlay issue comes back. Running the lastpatch. Any idears?

calvinus

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:55 pm

What do you mean for overaly issue? :blink:

ulver1
Sergeant

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:09 pm

Any way I can take a screenshot to show you? The prt screen key doesn’t seem to work in-game. What I mean is that, often, if I tab out and back into the game the overlay of various combat, production and diplomatic screens are missing so that I see that map instead of, for instance, the battle background.

calvinus

Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:34 am

Totally weird!

To your opinion, is just the window graphics that are not printed on the screen, or the window at all?

For example, if you move the mouse cursor over places where places where not-displayed objects are supposed to be, do you see the tooltips for such "transparent" objects?

ulver1
Sergeant

Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:48 am

Just the background graphics. I do get the tooltips and the buttons I can see works just fine. Reloading the game fixes everything and that is no problem until I either leave the PC for a long time (Perhaps the screen saver is to blame) or I Tab out and back in again.

calvinus

Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:57 am

ulver1 wrote:Just the background graphics. I do get the tooltips and the buttons I can see works just fine. Reloading the game fixes everything and that is no problem until I either leave the PC for a long time (Perhaps the screen saver is to blame) or I Tab out and back in again.

If you see tooltips and the only missing elements are background graphics, I believe it's a VRAM (video-RAM) problem, so something definitively related to your video card.

I do not have video problems caused by the screensaver: for example, I take long time to plan all my moves or fight the battles and I go for dinner, then I go back to the game and the screen is ok. :blink:

Return to “WW1 Technical support / Aide technique”