Averkinen
Sergeant

Two questions

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:40 pm

Hi all!

I wanted to ask a couple of questions:

1) Will you continue to do the army for the neutral powers (such as Spain, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Afghanistan, and perhaps Mexico)? After all, even though they in reality did not participate in war, and only helped economically and financially, as can be seen in the game, but they might enter into it if someone from the warring parties on this very insisted. It would be interesting if in the first world would include countries such as Sweden and Spain as well, and so it is possible just grab them up without a fight, because they can not make any reply.

2) Prompt, please, what do such functions as: "Give A.I. full time" and "A.I. uses all behaviours". Thanks in advance.

Regards!

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:03 pm

None of the Minor Powers you mention actually have armies. Diplomacy with them usually results in some economic benefit or penalty for one side or the other. For example Norway, Sweden and Denmark can provide or withold aid to Germany, Spain can provide economic aid to the Entente or force the French to retain a garrison in the south of France or forfit NW each turn. Mexico can declare war on America which prevents sizable contingents of US troops from going to Europe.

A declaration of war by a minor also provides a slight increase in NW for the side joined and loss for the other side. Most minors are true neutrals and will never war with anyone although Brazil at war will send economic aid to the Entente but will never join the CP.

Most Minors cannot be conquored, it's a waste of resources to try (Spain takes 999 battles won, usually reflected as turns to capture for example). For any minor neutral, click on any province or the country box then click on the Diplomacy button on the upper tool bar and the country screen will open, giving you details of where that country stands and what aid, if any, it's giving to one side or the other and the conditions for war entry if applicable.

I had all sorts of issues with "Give A.I. full time" and do not use it since for all intents and purposes it seems to freeze the game in progress.

"A.I. uses all behaviours" to my understanding allows the AI to utilize all rules, conventions, strategies, tactics and abilities; I have this checked and have never played without it.

You realize that you posted in the Spanish Language forum, right? I only stopped by on a fluke since I have zero Spanish skills.

Good Luck!

Averkinen
Sergeant

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:51 am

Thank you very much for your help! Of neutral powers, I would like to ask about what will the general to create for them the army, about how to know their status, I know. After all, Switzerland, Holland and China have the army, although they may come into war only if they are forced to enter there, that is, to declare war on them (although in reality, China has participated in the war, knowing this, I tried to lure him to the side of the Central Powers in opposed to Japan, but he only took in a pro-central powers position and all, probably an effect rule out that China will never join on the side of the Central Powers). I just also wanted to say that it would be realistic that the neutral Powers also have the army, because in reality, Sweden is pro-central position, and the Russian intelligence actively watched her in years 1914-15, since it can enter into War for the Central Powers.

P.S I'm sorry I wrote it in Spanish forum, I just did not understand that this is a purely Spanish forum, in the future it will not happen again. :)

Random
AGEod Veteran

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:27 pm

China certainly declared war on Germany but its army, such as it was, stayed at home although the country provided thousands of conscripted coolies for labour in France other theatres and she supplied resources and raw materials to the Entente at knock down prices. Maybe it's significant that when the Chinese Republic tried to undertake Army reforms in the 20's and 30's they turned to defeated Weimer Germany and the pariah Soviet Union for techncal aid. Makes one wonder if that wasn't due to the shoddy way she was treated in the Great War by the Allies.

Japan has an army, in my current CP game it just showed up in the Middle East where I am within striking range of the Suez Canal.

Persia has an army, they can intervene in the Caucasus or Mesopotamia.

Portugal has an army but there is a small glitch that prevents some units from appearing in the 2-person campaign games. There's a fix here:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=21022

I do not agree that there would be any benefit to including Spanish or Scandinavian armies and think the way neutrals are handled is, overall, reasonable and accurate. But that's just my opinion.

Averkinen
Sergeant

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Okay, thank you for your help! By the way the Swedish army could be useful in the case of entry into the war on the side of the Central Powers, because then it would be Russia would keep its troops in Finland, though ... :)

Random
AGEod Veteran

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:41 pm

Sweden is a "true" neutral and will never declare war on her own. That said, she does tend towards the Central Powers and can offer significant economic aid to Germany should she move far into the pro-CP camp.

So, unless somebody declares war on her (and takes the NW hit to do so) it is better to deal with her diplomatically than militarily. Remember that unrestricted submarine warfare resulted in the loss of numerous Swedish ships and lives on the high seas. This created tensions with Germany as the surface blockade created problems with Britain.

See page 211 of the Big Manual.

I had a look at some of the relevant files and suppose you could perhaps write a turn rule that would force Russia to place a garrison in the Finland box to counter any Swedish military threat should the country reach a certain pro-CP level. Perhaps Calvinus will pop by and comment on this possibility.

Averkinen
Sergeant

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:09 pm

I hope so. Incidentally, when I have not yet know that Sweden and Spain in any case will not go to war because they do not have armies in the game, I tried to drag them into it and could not understand because they have reached the level of pro-side, but not more, now I know. Then my plan was the formation of Lapland front of the First World. :D

Averkinen
Sergeant

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:25 pm

Afganistan

As shown in the game to fully occupy the territory of Afghanistan need win 8 battles. But if declare war to Afghanistan and the capture of Kabul, it is counted only one win and all, and remains 1/8 victories before the end, also Afghanistan do not give up, as do other countries (eg Japan, Denmark, Spain and others country, located in box), if you capture their capital.

Graph for Chinse army

I found a graphic image for the Chinese army (World War One Gold \ Data \ Graph \ Map \ Units \ Spr_Chineses), but I do not understand why it is, because in the game, China will still not get the army.

:D

Return to “Cuartel General WW1”