jy566
Conscript

Grand Campiagn Start

Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:55 am

How do you activate units in the Military phase? I cannot get anything started. I get to the military phase and none of the French armies are mobilized. I can't advance to the next turn because window indicates that I did not activate units. I know I am missing a simple solution but I cannot find out how to activate my armies

calvinus

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:40 am

Are you playing in WEGO mode?

If so, you haven't to "activate" armies, just plan the moves for the not-immobilized ones and click the "end-turn" button. But if some armies have a mandatory attack ([color="Red"]red[/color] flag symbol), you must plan an "offensive" movement (against an enemy stack or enemy area).

If intead you are playing in strictly turn-based mode + army-by-army activation, you have first to "activate" a main army, plan movements for her, then click the [color="DarkGreen"]green[/color] arrow button for activating the movements. Then you can proceed to another army, and so on until you have activated all armies. Please note you can also coordinate armies, that's to say you can move more than one army in the same "impulse".

jy566
Conscript

Grand Campiagn Start

Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:28 am

I am playing in WEGO mode. I looked for a red flag and I did not see any. All French units are immobilized. For the scenario the French need to attack Alsace, Lorraine or Luxemburg during early August (with the I and IV armies).
Is there a walkthrough for any of these situations? Reference in the instructions?

Nial
Colonel

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:43 pm

If you are still in the pre August turn? Depending on what warplan you chose for the french? All France's armies can possibly locked. Do they have locks next to them? If so? Just click the next button and wait for the Germans to do their pre August move. You will be able to move your french armies the next turn.

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jy566
Conscript

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:57 am

I finally figured it out. I never looked at the other nations I was controlling such as Russia and I believe Romania. These two countries had the red flags and needed the mandatory attacks. I kept trying to find a French unit but the French units (at least with my war plan option) had mandatory attacks on the next turn. Anyways now I not having any problems. Thanks for the help.

calvinus

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:34 am

In the "Help Improve WW1" section, we're discussing about the opportunity of adding a shortcut key that would bring you automatically to the next army to be activated mandatorily... ;)
This would be a great help for newcomers.

fghi763
Civilian

U good

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:12 am

cheapYves Saint Laurent SandalscheapYves Saint Laurent SandalscheapManolo Blahnik SandalscheapManolo Blahnik SandalscheapManolo Blahnik PumpscheapManolo Blahnik PumpscheapManolo Blahnik BootscheapManolo Blahnik BootscheapChristian Louboutin BootscheapChristian Louboutin Boots

Return to “Quartier Général WW1”