Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Issues with Far West Campaign

Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:09 pm

2 issues brought up in my previous post on problems.

#1 The only thing that appears to accumulate VPs in this scenario are strategic cities. You can find out which ones they are by hovering your mouse over them. One - Fayeteville - even remains a strategic point after destruction. Several don't show the correct number of VPs - St Louis, Lexington, Ft Smith, Little Rock are all around 4. I don't think this is worthy of restarting any games, but it should be known. Sorry we didn't know beforehand.

#2 Some people have been using the martial law option. If you do, you should know your VPs are going backwards. I don't think very many people realized that, but now we do (thanks Dixicrat). It should be up to your opponent if they'll re-work your score imo, but we can do a poll if necessary.

See: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=116392&postcount=2

Thanks.
"We shall give them the bayonet." -Stonewall at Fredericksburg.

bigus
General

Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:55 am

Daxil wrote:2 issues brought up in my previous post on problems.

#1 The only thing that appears to accumulate VPs in this scenario are strategic cities. You can find out which ones they are by hovering your mouse over them. One - Fayeteville - even remains a strategic point after destruction. Several don't show the correct number of VPs - St Louis, Lexington, Ft Smith, Little Rock are all around 4. I don't think this is worthy of restarting any games, but it should be known. Sorry we didn't know beforehand.

#2 Some people have been using the martial law option. If you do, you should know your VPs are going backwards. I don't think very many people realized that, but now we do (thanks Dixicrat). It should be up to your opponent if they'll re-work your score imo, but we can do a poll if necessary.

See: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=116392&postcount=2

Thanks.

see post #18
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=11877

Destroying enemy elements also gives you VP's.
Most scenarios use this method of victory points, with the exception of Kentucky which has its VP cities change.

Dixicrat
General

Question about Far West Scenario

Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:44 pm

In my game with Coffee Sergeant, I've run into a couple of perplexing situations. Maybe someone can clarify them.

1) I ordered a stack of Cav and Artillery to "Assault" a city in Arkansas... but they started a siege, instead. No Infantry or Militia was in the stack... just Cav and Artillery. My understanding was that as long as a stack wasn't Irregular and wasn't exclusively support units, an "Assault" order would bypass the siege process.

2) I ordered "Western Volunteers" to move to a particular place. To my vast surprise, they moved in the opposite direction, heading for Kansas with movement orders covering a month! (Straight through enemy held territory, too!) If its of any significance, Lawrence KS had been taken by the CSA a few turns before, but had been subsequently retaken by USA forces two turns before Western Vol began its bizarre march.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Bertram

Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:36 pm

I have had the same problem with assault - as I described in my AAR I ordered an brigade to assaut Ft. Smith. They did not, even though there was only one man inside! On the other hand some assaults did work. Maybe they arrived in day 15, and - due to the delayed commitment - didnt have time to start the assault yet?

I didnt have problem with strange moves.

Bertram

Major Dilemma
Corporal

Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:06 am

Dixicrat wrote:In my game with Coffee Sergeant, I've run into a couple of perplexing situations. Maybe someone can clarify them.

1) I ordered a stack of Cav and Artillery to "Assault" a city in Arkansas... but they started a siege, instead. No Infantry or Militia was in the stack... just Cav and Artillery. My understanding was that as long as a stack wasn't Irregular and wasn't exclusively support units, an "Assault" order would bypass the siege process.

2) I ordered "Western Volunteers" to move to a particular place. To my vast surprise, they moved in the opposite direction, heading for Kansas with movement orders covering a month! (Straight through enemy held territory, too!) If its of any significance, Lawrence KS had been taken by the CSA a few turns before, but had been subsequently retaken by USA forces two turns before Western Vol began its bizarre march.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Sometimes when move orders are given the destination is selected right on top of some other unit's destination marker. If you select the destination marker of another unit as your destination the auto routing will retrace the path of the other unit or attempt to begin movement at the other unit's starting point. This may explain your unit's odd behavior.

Be careful when selecting your destination not to inadvertently click directly on another destination marker already located in the same region.

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:34 am

On the other hand some assaults did work. Maybe they arrived in day 15, and - due to the delayed commitment - didnt have time to start the assault yet?

If I had to guess I would say this is what happened in both your and Dixicrat's situations. If they don't assault by day 15 it will show as a siege the following turn.
"We shall give them the bayonet." -Stonewall at Fredericksburg.

Return to “1st AACW PBEM Tournament (2008/2009)”