Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:34 am

[attach]4720[/attach]
Attachments
tournament.png
[color="DimGray"] You deserve to be spanked[/color]

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:03 am

Thanks Jabberwock! Maybe we can coax Rafiki into stickying that.
"We shall give them the bayonet." -Stonewall at Fredericksburg.

Rafiki

Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:57 am

Indeed :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:55 am

First, we'll be using V1.11d for round 1.

Second, be sure and contact your opponents and hosts via PM ASAP. You'll need to decide amongst yourselves who will host the opposite side's games. Again, it should be someone who can play daily.

Third, when you're ready to go, use this process:

1. Create the game:
The Host chooses the pertinent scenario (Far West in our case) and chooses either side and starts the game as usual. This automatically generates a subfolder n the C:\Program Files\AGEod's American Civil War\ACW\Saves\ directory, named after the Scenario selected. In this newly created folder you will find two TRN files, each with three letters indicating which side it belongs to (USA or CSA).

2. Host sends zipped TRN file to *both* opponents:
The Hosting player now sends the TRN files to the players. The players must store this file in the folder named AACWGame\AACW\Saves\ in a sub-folder. They should name the sub-folder after the initial host created name.

3. Players send ORD file to Host:
Each player now loads the game and gives his orders for the upcoming turn. When ready, each player saves the game. This will generate an ORD file (in the folders mentioned above). Important: do not click on End Turn at this step.

They then sends the ORD file to the Hosting player.

4. Host resolves turn

The Hosting player saves the ORD file received from the players into the appropriate directory and loads the game again. He now clicks on End Turn to launch the turn resolution, where all orders are then executed. A new turn is now ready to start.

Go back to step # 2 and repeat.

Fourth, Hosts: when you start the games, make sure these settings are selected...

FOW on
1 redeployment
Movement and combat penalties if innactive
Small delays before battle
Historical generals
Standard attrition

Fifth, we'll be playing one game at a time to have concrete goals in the second game and to avoid confusion.

Rules/Guidelines

•16 players, each plays Union/Confederate once.
•The overall winner of both games advances to next round. A decisive victory outweighs a points victory. If both players had decisive victories the one who won earlier is the overall winner. Tiebreakers go to points. If still somehow miraculously tied we'd figure something out. (maybe play one of the 8 or 11 turn scenarios)
•A neutral third party executes each turn. (Round 1 see red brackets. Round 2 and beyond eliminated players will host)
•Players are expected to be playing approx a turn/day.
•If anyone cannot send a turn for more than two weeks total during a single game they forfeit that game as if it's a decisive defeat on the last turn they managed to play. It's the responsibility of the individual players to track this. If you are unsure check with your host.
•If a player will be unable to play for any length of time they need to inform both their opponent and turn over their host game (if they're a host) to their opponent to host while they're gone.
•Results and AARs of each game will be posted here in a sub-forum created by Rafiki.

Round one: Far West (17 turns)
Round two: West (24 turns)
Round three: East (24 turns)
Championship: Grand Campaign (AAR required)

Jojo le Gouffy
Captain

Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:48 pm

Waooh...Amazing
Good luck to all players (or for all players?)
Game becomes drill

Aphrodite Mae

v 1.12 released today!

Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:15 am

Daxil wrote:First, we'll be using V1.11d for round 1.

We see that 1.12 has become an official release, today. I hear that it has much better, more realistic battle results. :w00t:

What are your plans for later rounds, Daxil? Are we going to tend to go with the lastest release, or wait for them to be playtested by everybody? And can we switch to 1.12 for the second half of the first round?

Havely :)

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:29 am

I'm just going with what Gray recommends. He said 1.11d for rd1. Don't switch until both halves are over.

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:18 pm

For first rd winners and third etc: pls start second rd as soon as you have an opponent. ... and use whatever the most recent official patch is again for both rounds. 1.12 right now I guess. I created a string for eliminated players to be hosts.

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:07 am

[ATTACH]8340[/ATTACH]

Just updating some results. I think Jabberwock and everyone else is on vacation. Any other matches complete?
Attachments
Untitled-2.jpg

Bertram

Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:50 am

No vacation here - our troops are slugging it out in the snow (or rather, sitting in their forts in the snow). We are on turn 10 of the return match.

Bertram

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:54 pm

Updated my post with results so far.

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:41 pm

Round 1 done... finally! :thumbsup:

Some surprising results. I think they just undertline that no one should be taken for granted, and that we have a competetive bunch here, which is good. :) Great comeback by Yellowhammer in the last game.

This did take way, way, way longer than I expected. If this were to be done again, as johnnycai suggested, both rounds should probably be played simultaneously for such a short scenario.

Thanks to everyone who participated and good luck to the round 1 winners.

marecone

Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:03 am

I just wanted to congratulate you all on this fantastic idea :coeurs: . I was a beta tester for ACW and mostly did work on regiments and finding bugs. Anyway, RL kept me away from ACW for months. This tournament is a great idea and I hope that in next one I will participate.
Keep up the good work guys :thumbsup:
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

runyan99

Fri May 22, 2009 12:20 am

Are Benway and Torca playing?

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Fri May 22, 2009 4:10 am

runyan99 wrote:Are Benway and Torca playing?

Yeah, I haven't heard anything from them for awhile, but as of about 3 weeks ago they were.

Return to “1st AACW PBEM Tournament (2008/2009)”