Guz
Private

Risk (english)

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:21 am

Ok all this talk about boardgames CANT go without mentioning Risk!! What a game, really. Simple yet subtle in it's own fashion. Remember all the comments made towards the guy who picked the Pink army? How about the guy who would get knocked out early on..Inadvertently it was always the friend who took it personally. Hey, the one iron rule of RIsk is no one can play it without getting pissed off!

And those fickle dice!! Mass your superior army on your friends (in this case mortal enemy) border only to roll a point short of his each time! Aughhhh! While pretty lacking in depth and strategy I vote still a great game...And then theres "Stratego".... :w00t:

Adlertag

Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:03 pm

Guz wrote:

And those fickle dice!! Mass your superior army on your friends (in this case mortal enemy) border only to roll a point short of his each time! Aughhhh! While pretty lacking in depth and strategy I vote still a great game...And then theres "Stratego".... :w00t:

Yes, Stratego is a great game, with fun and sometimes just frustrating as we like it. (the spy vs the marshall...).
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

Pocus

Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:51 am

Actually my 8 year son have 3 variants of Risk, so I still play it now and them. I can't help but introduce new rule each time though :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Guz
Private

Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:54 am

Variants? LOL! Wow, would love to see those!

Pocus

Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:33 am

You have the Middle Earth one, the Napoleon one and the Star Wars Republic one.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:26 am

I´ve had free time enough to play during the last years with my Nephew (ONLY a couple of times each... with some of my brothers also) to that Middle Earth Risk Game and to one of my favourite crazy random fantasy games -> TITAN!

I tried to play some years ago a Squad Leader "self-made Rommel/25 campaign", and an Europa "From whom the bell tolls"... but it was totally imposible to find the time to join friends and the such...

So just ended playing PC games... and some lost Up Front game...

vwxy388
Civilian

comparable

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:21 am

comparable wow gold gather of group, but he was not buy wow gold any way to justify, only full lace wig nodded and said: "The fact wow gold is the covering." "Do you expect I would judge that? You bonk wow accounts fooled me formerly, and .

Return to “Boardgame Central”