wodin
Sergeant

Will this version be patched?

Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:02 am

Will this version be patched to the current Steam\Gamersgate version?

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:05 am

If it is like the last update and if Ageod is behind it, I think you'll be able to buy the update for $5 or $10 if I remember correctly.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:11 am

A person named Strabo from Digital Froggies, Inc. is posting on the Steam forums, so I have put these questions to him. The description in his profile says that Digital Froggies is a Canadian programming corporation.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:14 am

More and I hope I am not breaking any laws ------This is from the Steam forums from Strabo

strabo [developer] 9 hours ago
As mentionned earlier in a different post, the game is indeed a re-issue of the 2008 version with lots of improvements to make it work on recent platforms.
It remains true to the original engine spirit and design, and is not an easy game for sure...

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:24 am

More - from Steam forums......

strabo [developer] 12 hours ago
Game Philosophy and Content
Our philosophy is to take what we call "vintage" games, i.e. games that were develop some years ago, and to bring some improvement to their content and designs.

* A first objective is to make sure those games work on recent O/S such as Win7 or Win8, as this was not the case when the original engine was released
* A second objective is to improve the game speed and ease of play
* A third objective is to update the looks for some parts of the game, such as units or maps, as they are those players see the most.
* Last but not least, we'll had some new content validated by the original game developper as much as feasible.

Otherwise, we try to keep the game as close as possible to the very first design (not any subsequent version of variant however).

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”