Shri

WW1 Centenary- Developers/Modders/Administrators and Patrons

Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:21 pm

The Centenary of the start of the Great War is approaching in August, can a WW1- Centenary version be released with the remaining minor flaws ironed out and some of the features from the mods (like Random's NAVAL) be accommodated, i think if well marketed there is a great potential market out there for this great game- the best game so far on the Great War.

Tamas

Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:34 pm

We are working on a new WW1 game, actually, called End All Wars. You can find more info about it here on the forum.

WW1 La Grande Guerre Gold, as you know, is a direct conversion of Philippe Thibaut's La Grande Guerre boardgame.

End All Wars is using the latest iteration of the AGEOD engine, and will be it's own thing, so not a direct translation of the LGG boardgame, although it does have LGG as one of it's inspirations (little surprise, as Philippe is one of the guys working on it :) )

TheDoctorKing

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:30 am

I'm with the original poster, in this case. I'm happy that you are doing an AGEOD engine WWI game but I like this game. I'd like to see a patch fixing the various identified errors. It is unlike AGEOD to leave a game out there unsupported. Those of us who bought this game and who like to play it expect that at least the solutions to the various problems that have been identified by Random and others will be implemented in an official patch. And if in addition you could fix a few of the little wierdnesses that we have called to your attention over the years, tant mieux.
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tamas

Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:55 am

TheDoctorKing wrote:I'm with the original poster, in this case. I'm happy that you are doing an AGEOD engine WWI game but I like this game. I'd like to see a patch fixing the various identified errors. It is unlike AGEOD to leave a game out there unsupported. Those of us who bought this game and who like to play it expect that at least the solutions to the various problems that have been identified by Random and others will be implemented in an official patch. And if in addition you could fix a few of the little wierdnesses that we have called to your attention over the years, tant mieux.

This is up to the time Calvinus, the developer, is able to allocate to this. He has been fantastic with his support of this game over the years, so claiming this game is "out there unsupported" is not very nice to him. :)

TheDoctorKing

Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:07 pm

I don't mean to insult Calvinus. He has been very helpful to me in the past. I am just concerned that we don't see him much on here any more and there doesn't appear to be any sign of a new patch. The last post I see from him dates back to March; I was thinking that Random had taken over the role of shepherd of our little flock.
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”