fredrikvollan
Private

Newbie questions

Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:38 pm

Hi there,

I have a few questions.

First, is there a way to speed up AI troop movements? They are soooo slow...
Second, is there a way to speed up the game? I'm running on an i7 2,1 GHZ quad-core w/ 8 GB ram and the game is sluggish... This is win 7 x64.

third, how does one replace losses? All my corps are damaged and how do they receive replacements? Is this automatic (which is what I could gather from the manual)? If it is, is there a way to improve it?

and last, how to turn the turks into a fighting force? :)

Random
AGEod Veteran

Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:40 am

First, is there a way to speed up AI troop movements? They are soooo slow...

Open the Main Menu and set the Movement on Map slider all the way to the right.

Second, is there a way to speed up the game? I'm running on an i7 2,1 GHZ quad-core w/ 8 GB ram and the game is sluggish... This is win 7 x64.

There is generally much computing to do so turns may take awhile. I have a older T-5 dual-core 3.0 GHz but only 2MB of RAM and I do not find WW1G unacceptably slow but I suppose it's all in how you personally define "sluggish". In any event, I know of no way to speed up the processing of a turn. Sorry.

third, how does one replace losses? All my corps are damaged and how do they receive replacements? Is this automatic (which is what I could gather from the manual)?

In the unit window there are two arrow buttons, the left-hand single arrow moves the unit to or from the Army reserve. The right-hand double arrow allows you to "flip" a full-strength Corps to reduce it and gain an RP or "flip" a reduced Corps by spending an RP to rebuild it. There are limits as to how many units may be rebuilt each turn and other limits on how many rebuilt units per Army are allowed. Pages 27 and 40 of the Big Manual are pretty clear in this regard. The restrictions are defined in the GameRules.csv file in the ...\DB folder and may be configured by the user.

and last, how to turn the turks into a fighting force?

No idea what this means, sorry. The Ottoman Army suffers from many handicaps as it did in the event but it can still cause the Entente some grief if Turkey joins the Central Powers.

-C

fredrikvollan
Private

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Thanks you for the reply. I bet my campaign will be more smooth now that I can rebuild my damaged corps :) Great news for the German Reich.

fredrikvollan
Private

Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:13 am

Abut the Turkey question. I was playing without the ability to reinforce chits to full strength to the Turks just melted away.... :)

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”