jenniferx
Conscript

Reinforcement placement

Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:02 am

Hello. Is it possible to alter where reinforcements are directed by altering the reinforcements.csv file in the scenario directory? I note there is a column named "placement" that appears to direct reinforcements to either a particular province, fleet or army (depending on the war plan, etc). Is this the only file that must be changed? If not what other files are impacted in order to accomplish a placement change?

Thanks,

J

Random
AGEod Veteran

Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:24 am

The Placement parameter may be a province, a detachment or left undefined (as for Ambassadors, which are automatically deployed to the Capital). Sometimes the new unit does not appear on the map but in the Reinforcement/Replacement box instead. An example of this is the Russian BB_Gangut unit that is supposed to appear in RUS_F01, the Baltic Fleet detachment but never seems to show up there.

The placement parameter is shown in [color="#FF0000"]RED[/color].

;122;RUS;RUS_BB_Gangut;RT_Unit;5;[color="#FF0000"]RUS_F01[/color];;Nov_December;1914;;;;

;227;ENG;ENG_A02;RT_Army;5;[color="#FF0000"]ARTOIS[/color];;Nov_December;1914;;;;

Editing this file should change the placement as desired but only at the start of a new scenario. Once the scenario begins, the reinforcement schedule is written into the *.SAV file and the Reinforcement.csv file is not read again.

Calvinus may stop by and correct this.

-C

jenniferx
Conscript

Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:34 am

Okay, well I changed one line in the reinforcements file from: GER_WP_Moltke;465;GER;GER_Marine_344;RT_Unit;3;GER_O.H.L.;;September;1914;;;;

to: GER_WP_Moltke;465;GER;GER_Marine_344;RT_Unit;3;KOENIGSBERG;;September;1914;;;;

Deleted save games. Started a new game but the unit still went to GER_O.H.L. in the September turn....

So there must be something else that impacts the placement.

J

Random
AGEod Veteran

Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:11 pm

Did you use War Plan Moltke in the new game? The question is not quite as dumb as it sounds since variable deployments are driven by the selected War Plan and so each plan has its own line for every unique reinforcement in the Reinforcements.csv file.

Of course you may be correct about the 'something else' so I will try to track this down, pending Calvinus' input.

Edit

One other thing to try. Konigsburg has a garrison, try:

GER_WP_Moltke;465;GER;GER_Marine_344;RT_Unit;3;[color="#FF0000"]Gar-Koenigsberg[/color];;September;1914;;;;

The name in [color="#FF0000"]RED[/color] is the designation of the Konigsburg garrison detachment. Since Konigsburg already has a detachment, just defining the province will not allow the game to deploy the unit there. Units must be part of a detachment and the act of placing a unit in a empty province creates one. However this will not work if a detachment is already present so the above should see the Marine Korps join the Konigsburg garrison detachment on Turn-3 whenever War Plan Moltke is selected.

-C

jenniferx
Conscript

Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:46 pm

Yes, I did select the Moltke plan when I started the new scenario. In fact I made it the default plan. I tried your suggestion but it didn't work. The Marines continue to show up in the original location. I can only conclude that either I am not editing the file correctly (wouldn't the game CTD?) or there is another file that takes precedence. Thanks for your input.

J

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:45 pm

Well, I apologize for being unable to help. Specifying the target detachment should have worked, I have used it successfully with other scheduled reinforcements but admittedly mostly naval units. Am at a loss, sorry.

-C

jenniferx
Conscript

Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:23 pm

I thank you for your help in any event. I will continue to work on it. When I find a resolution I will post it.

J

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”