Revan
Corporal

A little issue....

Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:54 am

First of all i want to congratlate all the devs for this immersive, incredibly deep game, a GREAT game.

However i have a little, little issue : i play a 2 players grand campaign, in the movement war, in the normal mode (not army-by-army).

So i give orders to my stacks, drag and drop, well.
I finish the turn.

Sometimes all things goes nice and i start battles, win them and it's a new turn.
Sometimes, one or more of my stacks simply....did'nt move, they have orders but simply stay here.

I move them strictly in the yellow-zone (if i have understood the game correctly it's the area which m unit can move in one turn), the tacks have all their units at full strength, so i don't understand WHY they don't move.

If i save the game beforne ending turn and restart it, some staks already stay guns at foot but.....not the same.

It made the game quite difficult to play, because in a movement war, if one or more of your stacks don't move, your strategy is over, especially if you have one turn to take Paris and of the corps in charge of that stay and take a little sleep.

calvinus

Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:16 pm

Have you checked if the stacking limits are making those moves forbidden? I remember that the Options window allow you to disable the stacking limits. Try it... :-)
Visit my other games at : http://www.calvinusgames.com

Revan
Corporal

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:22 pm

I tried and it doesn't work.

i try it on a 1 Vs 1 game, grand campaign, i took the central power.

It happens at the first turn (after the pre-turn of the bggining August 1914), so August 1914. I have two stacks which didn't move : the first army HQ and an eigth army detachement.

I noticed that i have splitted these two armies myself, maybe it's a important point.

I checked and nowhere theere were signs of overstacking, i disabled the overstacking penalties but it changes nothing.

calvinus

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:36 pm

In the very first turn all stacks are locked with the exception of the armies listed by you. I don't remember if the exception rule lists the army HQ stacks. In such a case this would explain why the new stacks do not move.
Visit my other games at : http://www.calvinusgames.com

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”