antoine1965
Lieutenant

Mutiny'rules

Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:20 am

Goog morning,

in which file can i found the mutiny'rules?

For example :

- the loss of offensive capabality (2 ou 4 turns)
- the modifiers applied to the random losses
- the losses inflicted to corps

Thank you

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Some aspects of mutinies seem to be hard-coded however for the configurable game rules that cover at least some of what you seek, see [color="#00FF00"]:\World War One Gold\Data\DB\GameRules.csv[/color] and look for the following mutiny-related entries:

[color="#00FF00"]MTN, MTL, MNF, LA2, LA3[/color] and [color="#00FF00"]MME[/color].

Good Luck.

antoine1965
Lieutenant

Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

i've already seen this file but nothing about the loss of offensive capabality (2 ou 4 turns), the modifiers applied to the random losses or the losses inflicted to corps.

It's very strange to hard code this very small part of the game.

Waiting for Calvinus' answer.

Thank You

calvinus

Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:07 pm

Here I am. Mutinies are checked during the social tests procedure for all nations, so it's normal at least such a generic procedure is hard coded. There's no moddable event for that, only some parameters in GameRules CSV file.

For what concerns the hits inflicted to corps, the procedure works something like what follows: each nation performs some mutiny tests (the more unstable, the more tests), every time a test entails a mutiny, each army of that nation undergoes a mutiny check: the number of losses is determined by a die roll (up to a maximum as set by MME) modified by the LA3 if the general and/or commander in chief has the "mutiny bonus". Then losses are inflicted to corps (full force corps are flipped to wonded side, wounded corps suffer a morale test).

Being quite generic, the procedure is coded, only some parameters are moddable.

For what concerns the loss of offensive capability, each mutiny outcome generates a rule for the affected nation TR_MoraleTestModifier that inflicts a malus to morale tests (mostly in combats) for 2-4 turns (I recall it's a -1 on die rolls for morale tests, not moddable, sorry). Adding a turn rule is done by the code, there's no need to create a generic event script.

On the other side, you (modders) are allowed to create specific events containing scripts to generate a morale penalty to nations (use the Event effect EE_NewTurnRule to create a TR_MoraleTestModifier) or to cause desertions (use Event effect EE_Desertions), due to any historical event.
Visit my other games at : http://www.calvinusgames.com

antoine1965
Lieutenant

Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:00 pm

thank you for your lightning celerity

The manual is speaking about :

-1 per defensive star if there is a general at army’s HQ (except
Petain and Kornilov 3 each)
-1 if the Army has not fought (in attack or defense) since the last
Interphase
-1 Germany, Britain, United States
+1 Austria-Hungary, Turkey
Losses are inflicted on intact corps first. If the number of losses exceeds
the number of units, 2 steps are lost for each excess corps (but any
remainder is ignored thereafter).

All these modifiers are available in the game mechanism?

can you explain what happen when the number of losses exceeds the number of units, i don't understand it (for the french translation).

Thank you

calvinus

Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:36 pm

Sorry for being a bit vague in my post. I checked more carefully:

In addition to what posted before I can say that:

a) the die roll for each army mutiny check is modified by the TR_SocialTestsModifier, that is modded for each nation, hence the modifiers:
-1 Germany, Britain, United States
+1 Austria-Hungary, Turkey

b) the die roll is then modified by the defensive value of the general (if any), i.e.: two stars means -2 on die roll. I don't recall if Petain or Kornilov count as -3, but I guess no.

c) I don't find any immediate occurrence in code for this rule: "-1 if the Army has not fought (in attack or defense) since the last Interphase". But there could be some part whese such effect is introduced by TR_SocialTestsModifier, not sure, sorry...

For your question: when the number of losses exceeds the number of units, the exceeding losses are ignored.
Visit my other games at : http://www.calvinusgames.com

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”