Sir Garnet

Gold Demo and Patch?

Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:06 pm

Downloaded the Gold demo and latest p patch. Installed the DIV s/w and have DirectX9.0c under XP SP 3. On trying to run the demo, I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library box with Debug Error from the WW1.exe. Is a "Run-Time Check Failure #0 - The value of ESP was not property saved across a function call. This is usually a result of calling a function declared with one calling convention with a function pointer declared with a different calling convention." The options are abort, retry and ignore. Retry just generates a request for a Windows report.

Something simple? Is it just the demo? Or, logically, assume the game in full will also have a problem?

Thanks!

PhilThib

Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:46 pm

The Demo cannot work with the patch...it's a standalone stuff...if you patch it, it won't run.

In addition, the full game download version at our website is the latest available (08P), there is no need to patch it :cool:

Sir Garnet

Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:31 pm

I previously installed the Gold Demo with the Demo patch 1.08p linked in the same post as the Demo link. Tried both Divx codecs only and full Divx.

Based on your post I uninstalled and reinstalled to a new folder Gold Demo only. Divx was already installed as was DirectX so did not reinstall those.

Using the Programs shortcut to World War One the screen went black for a time and then I got a popup error:

WW1.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x7c912437" referenced memory at "0x00000038". The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

Cancel does not seem to do anything for a while, then the program terminates.

So I am not encouraged regarding its prospects on my machine.

NOTE: I have looked at the manuals and would buy the full game if confident that it would work. That is why I try the demo first.

PhilThib

Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:55 am

The game has sometimes issues with Vista...but overall it works well, according the the thousands of buyers...once in a while a rare complaint because of user's specificities...

Can't help here, and Calvinus is away on vacation till September. At worst, you can buy it from us in DL, you send me a note about it, and if it does not work on your machine we shall refund it

Sir Garnet

Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:02 am

Thanks. I will give that a try.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”