parasxos
Conscript

just a reminder....

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:42 am

of how great this game is :coeurs: just please calvinus and co. dont let it die like this . Fix it, polish it, rewrite it, even transfer it to paradox clausewitz engine as is, optimize it, i dont know what you gonna do with it, but please keep in mind that this game is A.W.E.S.O.M.E. this spontaneous post was made just to remind that good pc gaming still exists but it doesnt get the care and attention it should be and thus our beloved pc gaming is becoming more and more just a big desktop game console with just a -press a button and you win [font="Arial Black"][SIZE="1"]TM[/size][/font]- attitude :(
its not a flame post not troll post not hate post but a love post
thank you ;)

CSS
Lieutenant

Ditto!!!!!

Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:53 pm

I secound the Motion!!!! :thumbsup: This is the BEST representation of a monster board game EVER!!!! I LOVE These guys and we need more Conversions like this!!!!!! :mdr:

HonkryTonk
Conscript

Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:01 am

I agree that this game looks great. I've had it for a while but never gave it much effort as my rig struggled to process what is the best and one of the most sprawling map I have ever seen. Well I got a new computer and WOW! I cannot believe how deep this game is with all of the hundreds of special windows and options. What a task it must have been. It is beautiful.

With that said, I am using the latest 1.08o patch and have started the 1914 scenario only to have it crash after bout my 3rd turn. I want to recommend this game but I have to wonder if crashes are still a major part of it.

What should I do? Restart from last save to see if it does it again? Send my saves to someone?

Any help would be appreciated.

HonkryTonk

calvinus

Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:07 am

Start from the latest save (save every turn is recommended). If the crash is reproducible, post here the savegame (zipped, .sav & .map files) and I will work on the fix if possible.

On my side I'm already working on fixing crashes too. ;)

HonkryTonk
Conscript

Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:44 am

I reloaded it and it worked fine after I tried it twice. Been saving a lot since.

Cal, do you realize what an awesome job you have done? I swear this title deserves a better look by wargamers especially considering the state the game is in now. The amount of choices and detail thereof that is given to the players is outstanding.

I understand that you say this is the last computer game you'd ever do. Well, that is a damn shame and I wish things could have turned out differently because this genre needs you and games like this.

Once I gain more proficiency with the system, you can be assured that I will spread the good word to those in my gaming circle. Now back to getting my arse handed to me by the Frog-eaters.

calvinus

Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:20 pm

Many thanks for your appreciation and support! :)

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”