CSS
Lieutenant

Final Patch? and Continued Praise!

Tue May 03, 2011 2:30 pm

I can only thank you from the bottom of my heart for such an AMAZING game that has such high replay value!!! That is also an incredable replication of the actual board game! Most games Board/PC do not have a long life due to lmited replay ability. Calvinus YOU have made this a true gaming Masterpiece that can and will be played again and again!!! This game WILL Last!

If ever you are in Texas I have spare room for you and your family and will cook fine Texas food for all of you and make Texas Margaritas! So please feel frre to visit!

Is there a semi time line on the final patch?

Plus anyone else who wants to thank Calvinus, please add on to this thred!!!!

Craig S Sneed

calvinus

Tue May 03, 2011 2:59 pm

Hello CSS, many thanks for your great support.
Unfortunately I found myself again deadly busy for job affairs, so I stopped again the development of fixes and improvements on WW1. I hope to find some relax again in the (near?) future.
Thanks again, Calvinus.

Sanz de Acedo
Private

Tue May 03, 2011 5:06 pm

calvinus wrote:Hello CSS, many thanks for your great support.
Unfortunately I found myself again deadly busy for job affairs, so I stopped again the development of fixes and improvements on WW1. I hope to find some relax again in the (near?) future.
Thanks again, Calvinus.

Nooo, such a pity. It's a great game, but I think it could be even better.

NefariousKoel
Captain

Wed May 25, 2011 4:39 pm

Hey Calvinus, how difficult would it be to change the coding so it allows a different file type for the map region graphics?

I ask because I'm very surprised at the game using massive bitmap files (.bmp) when something like a .png format (or others) would work just as well and be about 10% of the size.

I suspect that such hardware burdening sizes may be causing some of the performance sluggishness when moving the map and such. Comments?

calvinus

Thu May 26, 2011 1:27 pm

NefariousKoel wrote:Hey Calvinus, how difficult would it be to change the coding so it allows a different file type for the map region graphics?

I ask because I'm very surprised at the game using massive bitmap files (.bmp) when something like a .png format (or others) would work just as well and be about 10% of the size.

I suspect that such hardware burdening sizes may be causing some of the performance sluggishness when moving the map and such. Comments?

The png format takes less space on the hard disk, but bitmaps -once loaded into video ram- take a fixed amount of memory. So using png or bmp does change nothing. What you can do is to activate the "low color depth" option in WW1 Config tool, this will make you save 50% VRAM.

antoine1965
Lieutenant

Fri May 27, 2011 6:29 am

good morning

when you stop the game 's developpement, it woud be possible to have access to the code source?

thanks

Athens
Brigadier General

Fri May 27, 2011 6:07 pm

and at last some doc about event parameters and other script stuff...
Fatal Years mod for RUS: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2875975

My blog: http://moddercorner.com/about/

[SIZE="2"]Players quotes about Fatal Years:[/size]

the more I play this the more I become convinced that RUS is one of the best strategy games I have ever played... and I have played many since the mid 80's. The AI in this mod is at level with Sid Meier's best efforts.

NefariousKoel
Captain

Sun May 29, 2011 11:37 am

calvinus wrote:The png format takes less space on the hard disk, but bitmaps -once loaded into video ram- take a fixed amount of memory. So using png or bmp does change nothing. What you can do is to activate the "low color depth" option in WW1 Config tool, this will make you save 50% VRAM.

Thanks, but it's not the VRAM that I'm worried about. It's the load times; both loading into the game and when scrolling the map.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”