Joe D.
Private

Sea Transport

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:21 pm

After several weeks, I have yet to successfully transport troops by sea; as there is no step-by-step explanation in section 14 of the pdf manual, what exactly is the procedure?

If I can't get Americans and Brits into France, there will be no Vive la France!

calvinus

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:11 pm

Be sure the weather is good, then form a stack composed by no more corps than the transport capacity of USA, then click on that stack and select the naval transport movement mode. You'll see the areas selectable as targets of movement highlighted by the pulsating yellow. Drag and drop the stack on one of these ports in France (commonly Bordeaux, I tested it several times and it works). I hope this will help you. ;)

Joe D.
Private

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:24 am

calvinus wrote:Be sure the weather is good, then form a stack composed by no more corps than the transport capacity of USA, then click on that stack and select the naval transport movement mode ...

At the top of the screen?

Does the transport number on that tab represent corps?

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:24 am

Hey Joe D, there are already some threads about this, the game has a distressing tendency to drop those units you are trying to move from North America or to the East through the Med.

Calvinus makes sea movement sound easy but my experiance has been that moving the AEF to Europe is a frustrating trial that typically takes several stages over two or three turns (up to six months!) to get a single contingent of Doughboys to France.

Joe D.
Private

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:25 pm

Random wrote:... Calvinus makes sea movement sound easy but my experiance has been that moving the AEF to Europe is a frustrating trial that typically takes several stages over two or three turns (up to six months!) to get a single contingent of Doughboys to France.

Do you have to move them one corps at a time? I assumed the number on the transport tab represented the number of corps you could move in one turn.

I would have thought this was fixed in Gold :confused:

It was easier to sea transport troops in BoA!

calvinus

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:55 pm

Be sure you are trying to sea transport a stack composed by a number of corps not exceeding the sea transport capacity of USA. So no corps per time.

Joe D.
Private

Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:02 am

calvinus wrote:Be sure you are trying to sea transport a stack composed by a number of corps not exceeding the sea transport capacity of USA. So no corps per time.

I'm playing one of the scenarios -- 1917 or 18 -- as the Entente, but for months on end, the transport capacity button -- when clicked after I choose a (small) stack -- doesn't even activate.

I can't move any troops from the UK across the Channel anywhere into France!

calvinus

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:42 am

The transport capacity is not a button, it's an icon. You have to use instead one of the three move mode buttons in the bottom panel, that one of sea transport mode.

Tamas

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:53 pm

Yeah, its right there where you set transport by railroad, for example

Joe D.
Private

Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:34 pm

calvinus wrote:The transport capacity is not a button, it's an icon. You have to use instead one of the three move mode buttons in the bottom panel, that one of sea transport mode.

Found it: the unit made a line from a port in the south of England to a province in NW France, but we'll soon see if the stack actually follows it over the Channel.

I don't know why I was fixated on the transport capacity tab at the top of the screen: unlike the other tabs, all it shows is info.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”