Black Jack Pershing
Civilian

Questions

Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:29 am

I've been playing for a little over one year now and WW1 has become my favorite game all time. Unfortunately there are just a few things I still don't understand:

Russian Coups: What other events do I need to activate the different coups?

Gold Upgrade: I purchased the gold upgrade and for some reason it would crash before even reaching the main menu. I went into my options and turned the new gold map off and now it works fine.

Naval Battles: WTF is going on there?

Ghost armies: Has anyone else just had random armies pop up out of nowhere and then disappear the next turn?

Thanks everyone hope to join the community more and more

Jimjimjok
Conscript

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:06 am

Black Jack Pershing wrote:Ghost armies: Has anyone else just had random armies pop up out of nowhere and then disappear the next turn?

I get them too. I don't know why. They stick around more than one turn for me though. They stay until they are isolated for a turn or I attack them. For me they happen in every sector the enemy occupied at some point in the last year or so.

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:54 pm

IIRC, Calvinus once stated that these were some of the tricks that the AI is allowed to use to confuse the human player (i.e. false intel). :mdr:

patrat
Captain

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:14 pm

im pretty sure they're decoys like panama said.

Jimjimjok
Conscript

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:50 pm

Unfortunately for me they stop my advances by forcing me to battle against nobody and they re-occupy territory behind my lines that they at one point held. Really annoying.

Black Jack Pershing
Civilian

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:12 am

I wouldn't mind them if i could tell what was real and what wasn't. I know I already asked this but, I really don't understand naval battles can someone explain them to me?

calvinus

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:17 am

Black Jack Pershing wrote:Gold Upgrade: I purchased the gold upgrade and for some reason it would crash before even reaching the main menu. I went into my options and turned the new gold map off and now it works fine.

This makes me think you haven't installed the Gold Kit in the proper folder (the one where you installed the base version of WW1.
Or some gold map bitmap haven't been installer, or the file is corrputed.

Send a PM to PhilThib and ask him the FULL installer of the Gold Edition. Download it and install the full gold (re-use your new serial key). This will fix the problem.

Black Jack Pershing
Civilian

Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:26 am

where would that code be?

calvinus

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:39 am

Black Jack Pershing wrote:where would that code be?

Send a PM (private message) to Philippe Thibaut (nickname: PhilThib) and asks him the link to download the full game (gold).

Once downloaded, uninstall the old game and install the new full gold game. Finally activate the gold game by typing (Configure Game) your serial key.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”