patrat
Captain

to many attacks?

Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:24 am

im playing the 2 player campaign as the CP, game version 1.06h. ive noticed that sometimes the allies attack one of my stacks but the battle immeditly ends. the message windows says that the attacking units "aborted the attack because germany has sustained the maximum number of attacks according to the scenerio rules."

i can understand the smaller scenerio having special rules like that. but in the campaign game it doesn't make sense to me to limit artificially the number of attacks a nation can receive.

now i could understand limiting the number of attacks a nation can make? but why limit how many it can receive? perhaps im missing something?

calvinus

Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:05 am

This is a rule that comes from the boardgame version (La Grande Guerre).

If you want to deactivate this rule, open the .SAV file (using a text editor) and locate all places where this rule (TR_SustainableAttacks) is present, then modify the rule as follows:

BeginTurnRule
Id=...
Type=TR_SustainableAttacks
StartTurn=...
EndTurn=...
EffectsPhase=...
Parameters=100,100,PS_CentralPowers
EndTurnRule

The text highlighted in bold is what you have to set (it means 100 attacks without die-roll check and 100 with die-roll check for permission, against Central Powers).

vonRocko
Colonel

Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:13 pm

Wow, you learn something everyday.I never noticed this.I don't think I like it though.

patrat
Captain

Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:21 pm

thanks for the info calvinus. since its in the board game rules there must be a good reason for it, so i'll probably just leave it as it is.

calvinus

Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:51 pm

patrat wrote:thanks for the info calvinus. since its in the board game rules there must be a good reason for it, so i'll probably just leave it as it is.

The reason was to balance the game, in order to avoid the Central Powers being overwhelmed by a concentrated but excessive number of attacks from the Allies.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”