Ct11223
Private

Early Ending

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:29 am

The Thing That I Found out was That When You Defaet france in 1914 the game is over :( Hey I Realy Want to fight russia and uk after fall of france for sure if the schleifen plan workes at 1914 russia would have been still in the war and probebly uk to realy like to use all german armies against russia and sending forces to egypt and.....
so is the any way to defeat france without ending the game :confused:

calvinus

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:47 am

Taking Paris within 1914 is a prerequisite for automatic victory, as well as taking Berlin for Russians. This is a victory condition for Grand Campaign scenario.

So, if you want to change strategy, don't use Schlieffen plan. Adopt Moltke plan... ;)

Halus
Conscript

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:53 am

I agree, that is one thing that is odd about this game and wish play could continue - heck it doesn't even let you look at the map when it's over. It's like the AI is brooding after it's defeat and has hid itself in the dog house - lol.
Another irk is when minor countries are defeated, their stray units keep pockets of land in your territory - I have no say in this even though I was the victor. May not mean much, but when they have a tract of land that is part of a main railway.. well what can you do?

Ct11223
Private

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:50 am

So No Way of Fighting Russia Alone After Fall Of Paris Is There No Way Like If I play as Germany only(4playercampain) is it possible to defeat France without ending the game? :( :confused:
Plus A qustion about mountain divisions in 1915 i cant use them when they are in reserve i try to get them to the troops that i have commited but an erro Says I Cant do that why
And My Last Question I have the Latest Patch But The Flag Of Russia Doesnt Seem To Have THe Eagle Sighn Saw It In Schleifenplan AAR Is This The Problem of my Game or is the Russian Flag Change in The Current Patch Just Got The Game Two Weeks Ago :confused:
:D

calvinus

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:52 am

Ct11223 wrote:So No Way of Fighting Russia Alone After Fall Of Paris Is There No Way Like If I play as Germany only(4playercampain) is it possible to defeat France without ending the game? :( :confused:

Automatic victory occurs if Paris falls within 1914. If later, game continues.

Ct11223 wrote:Plus A qustion about mountain divisions in 1915 i cant use them when they are in reserve i try to get them to the troops that i have commited but an erro Says I Cant do that why

Reserve units can be committed, one by one, during 2nd or later combat rounds. Then adoption of some combat doctrines (flash bombardments for example) may delay this entry (to the enemy).

Ct11223 wrote:And My Last Question I have the Latest Patch But The Flag Of Russia Doesnt Seem To Have THe Eagle Sighn Saw It In Schleifenplan AAR Is This The Problem of my Game or is the Russian Flag Change in The Current Patch Just Got The Game Two Weeks Ago :confused:
:D

This was fixed. I don't recall who exactly, but somebody reported the right flag to use was the actual one (not the imperial flag you mention). :confused:

calvinus

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:53 am

Halus wrote:I agree, that is one thing that is odd about this game and wish play could continue - heck it doesn't even let you look at the map when it's over. It's like the AI is brooding after it's defeat and has hid itself in the dog house - lol.
Another irk is when minor countries are defeated, their stray units keep pockets of land in your territory - I have no say in this even though I was the victor. May not mean much, but when they have a tract of land that is part of a main railway.. well what can you do?

Minor nations, when capitulated, give free access and supply trace to everybody.

Halus
Conscript

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:44 am

calvinus wrote:Minor nations, when capitulated, give free access and supply trace to everybody.

That is good to know - nothing to worry about now. :neener:

I've found you can extend the game, usually by just picking up after a saved game (were it had previously ended displaying the final victory points). In my case, Russia was the only major power left of the allies. Playing both Germany and AH, along with Italy, Turkey, Greece and Bulgraria the end game was basically a race to see how much Russian lands could be captured before time ran out. Oddly, with the number of cities captured and casualties, Russian nation will always stayed at 27.

Tamas

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:14 am

Halus wrote:That is good to know - nothing to worry about now. :neener:

I've found you can extend the game, usually by just picking up after a saved game (were it had previously ended displaying the final victory points). In my case, Russia was the only major power left of the allies. Playing both Germany and AH, along with Italy, Turkey, Greece and Bulgraria the end game was basically a race to see how much Russian lands could be captured before time ran out. Oddly, with the number of cities captured and casualties, Russian nation will always stayed at 27.

I think the biggest problem which remains with the game, is a lack of feedback on what happens regarding National Will at your enemies. I am quite convinced the actual calculations are correct, but once the NW reaches the instability zone, the possible outcomes each turn can vary wildly, and basically you only see the end result of all of it (NW 27 for example probably indicates a change of government due to a political action, a revolution, or just sheer luck)

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”