D_K
Sergeant

New WW1 Movie

Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:26 am

i hope to go see this very soon, will be shown in Canada im sure! maybe it will be in your countries as well.

http://www.passchendaelethemovie.com/

Drakken
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:15 pm

Don't.

It is a love story with the battle of Passchendaele in the background. It's Pearl Harbor, but made in Canada. :(

WallysWorld
Captain

Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:21 pm

Actually this movie was filmed right outside of Calgary where I live. It was written and directed by Paul Gross who played the Mountie on the TV show "Due South". He is also the lead actor in the film.

Reviews of the movie have been pretty good so far and it has gotten a lot of media attention in Canada. Although one news media outlet called Passchendaele Canada's defining battle. I would dispute that as Vimy Ridge was the battle that 'made' Canada.

At $20 million, it is the most expensive Canadian movie ever made. The early voting at imdb.com has given the movie 8.2 out of 10.

It's playing across Canada right now.

D_K
Sergeant

Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:01 am

well, i went and saw it and it was quite good. i would even go again. yes there was a love story to it as well, but it was very good. nothing like that flag waving "pearl harbour", "we saved the world" b.s. definately .....do NOT compare this movie with that crap.

the opening scenes were apparently directly from a true story of paul gross's grandfather. knowing that it has true experiences in it makes it all the better to me.

Sol Invictus

Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:02 pm

D_K wrote:well, i went and saw it and it was quite good. i would even go again. yes there was a love story to it as well, but it was very good. nothing like that flag waving "pearl harbour", "we saved the world" b.s. definately .....do NOT compare this movie with that crap.

the opening scenes were apparently directly from a true story of paul gross's grandfather. knowing that it has true experiences in it makes it all the better to me.

Hey, the US might not have solely saved the world in WW2 but we did bring the world the blessings of Hollywood. :blink: Uhh, sorry about that all. :cool:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

D_K
Sergeant

Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:29 am

I dont want to sound ungratefull, i know the USA did its part. However I am just refering to any individuals who may show an "excessive" attitude. Unfortunately, there are many people south of the 49th that think that way. I think many of these people need to travel around the world and see that there is a lot more out there that just the USA. They are not the only defenders of freedom, also if you believe in freedom you should be willing to let a country like China or even Iraq choose their own form of government, and just stay out of their affairs. I know 9/11 was a hard pill to swallow, but i tend to think that more people have died over in the middle east from war then here in North America.

I am not trying to start a debate....just stating a point.

Sol Invictus

Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:19 am

I think that the actions of the United States and others have made it possible for the Iraqi people to have the opportunity to choose their own government. Also, the US has no intention nor indeed the capability to choose the form of the Chinese government. Just saying.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Rafiki

Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:57 pm

[color="Blue"]Those wanting to discuss contemporary political issues will have to find other arenas for those discussions; these forums are for discussing AGEOD games and topics relating to them.[/color]
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”