User avatar
Generalisimo
Posts: 4171
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Contact: ICQ WLM

Re: New Ageod Forum

Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:51 pm

vaalen wrote:
Pocus wrote:On the surface the old forum was not broken, but it was generating a lot of issues for the web admins.


I did not realize that. Of course, the forum should work well for the web admins as well as us users.

Thank you for the explanation, now it makes sense.

I wonder if you would consider restoring the old colors, particularly the dark option. The combination of that particular shade of letter color and the black background was very easy to read, and very attractive. I am not the only one who would like to see it back.

Regards,

Vaalen

We are updating everything to make it look more like the AGEOD website so both sites share the same colors :niark:

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: New Ageod Forum

Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:53 am

Generalisimo wrote:
vaalen wrote:
Pocus wrote:On the surface the old forum was not broken, but it was generating a lot of issues for the web admins.


I did not realize that. Of course, the forum should work well for the web admins as well as us users.

Thank you for the explanation, now it makes sense.

I wonder if you would consider restoring the old colors, particularly the dark option. The combination of that particular shade of letter color and the black background was very easy to read, and very attractive. I am not the only one who would like to see it back.

Regards,

Vaalen

We are updating everything to make it look more like the AGEOD website so both sites share the same colors :niark:


That is good news! Thanks for all your hard work, which is very much appreciated.

User avatar
Slitherine Iain
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: New Ageod Forum

Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:38 am

HI guys

just to let you know we've made a range of further improvements. We've tried to reduce the waste white space in the layout and we've made the text slightly larger so it should be easier to red. We've made the contract as high as possible too but its pure black now so the only way to add contrast is to bolden or increase font size.

Please keep giving us your feedback and we'll work towards making the forum the best it can be! :)

Thanks

User avatar
Bernadotte
Lieutenant
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:34 pm
Location: south of munich (germany)

RSS-Feeds

Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:56 am

Hi,

I miss the RSS-Feeds!
Are there any?

Thanks and regards,
Bernadotte

User avatar
Generalisimo
Posts: 4171
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Contact: ICQ WLM

Re: RSS-Feeds

Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:48 pm

Bernadotte wrote:Hi,

I miss the RSS-Feeds!
Are there any?

Thanks and regards,
Bernadotte

Yes, there is the Atom RSS feed located here:
feed.php
:niark:

User avatar
Bernadotte
Lieutenant
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:34 pm
Location: south of munich (germany)

Re: RSS-Feeds

Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:00 pm

Generalisimo wrote:Yes, there is the Atom RSS feed located here:
feed.php
:niark:

Yes, thank you very much!
And when you add ?f=FORUM-ID you have the feed only for that forum.
Like for CW2 it would be: feed.php?f=331

For more options, look at: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... tom-feeds/

User avatar
ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor
Posts: 1921
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:25 am
Location: France

Re: New Ageod Forum

Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:04 am

Oh, all even Pocus lost the 'Dev' tag. Intended?

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: New Ageod Forum

Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:09 am

Slitherine Iain wrote:HI guys

just to let you know we've made a range of further improvements. We've tried to reduce the waste white space in the layout and we've made the text slightly larger so it should be easier to red. We've made the contract as high as possible too but its pure black now so the only way to add contrast is to bolden or increase font size.

Please keep giving us your feedback and we'll work towards making the forum the best it can be! :)

Thanks


Another way to improve contrast would be to have as an option the dark version that the previous forum had. That forum was the easiest to read I have ever seen. It had a black background, and white text, and other colors that contrasted very well with black.

User avatar
ferrenava
Posts: 450
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:47 am
Location: Premia de Mar

Re: New Ageod Forum

Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:57 am

I think the same, black background and white letters, thanks.

khbynum
Major
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: New Ageod Forum

Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:09 pm

Is there any chance all the broken forum links will be restored? I had about 20 threads bookmarked to help me remember all the rules not covered in the manual and now none of the links work. Fortunately I saved a text file of Straight Arrow's "Points to Know" thread, otherwise I couldn't play the game.

I also much prefer the white on black forum format.

User avatar
Pocus
Posts: 24667
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:37 am
Location: Lyon (France)

Re: New Ageod Forum

Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:30 pm

Here is a trick. The forum has moved and so the initial address is not the same, but the thread IDs are the same. So lets takes an old thread I bookmarked:
showthread.php?50397-Replacement-Issue-Bug

See 50397 ? This is the thread ID. Copy and paste it like that:

viewtopic.php?t=50397

And voilà, you are in the new reference!

khbynum
Major
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: New Ageod Forum

Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:01 pm

Thank you, Sir, I'll reset all my links - and link this thread, too. :hat:

User avatar
Generalisimo
Posts: 4171
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Contact: ICQ WLM

Re: New Ageod Forum

Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:28 pm

ferrenava wrote:I think the same, black background and white letters, thanks.

I do not want to say "that will never happen"... but the reality is that now the forum has the colors of the "AGEOD brand"... and that's a design decision. :papy:
Black with white letter is not exactly "ageodish" :siffle: :niark: :niark:

User avatar
Nikel
Posts: 2003
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:38 pm
Location: Expaña

Re: New Ageod Forum

Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:52 pm

In some forum there is an option to choose the colours.

Could be the current as default and also the dark one that people is requesting.

User avatar
ferrenava
Posts: 450
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:47 am
Location: Premia de Mar

Re: New Ageod Forum

Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:00 am

OK, good option

User avatar
ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor
Posts: 1921
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:25 am
Location: France

Re: New Ageod Forum

Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:32 am

Generalisimo wrote:the reality is that now the forum has the colors of the "AGEOD brand"... and that's a design decision.

So the bad UI of past Ageod game engine has migrate to the forum? That's already better than previous reverse!

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: New Ageod Forum

Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:26 pm

Generalisimo wrote:
ferrenava wrote:I think the same, black background and white letters, thanks.

I do not want to say "that will never happen"... but the reality is that now the forum has the colors of the "AGEOD brand"... and that's a design decision. :papy:
Black with white letter is not exactly "ageodish" :siffle: :niark: :niark:


With all respect, I do not understand why you cannot add a dark version as an option. The old forum had that option, and many people prefer it. Why do you take away the choice we once had?

You can have your Ageodish design as the default, but also have the dark version as an option.

And I should point out that the dark version is much easier to read for many people, especially those with vision problems. Why not make accommodations for those people, many of whom are faithful supporters of Ageod?

Especially when you have done it before?

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: New Ageod Forum

Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:29 pm

Nikel wrote:In some forum there is an option to choose the colours.

Could be the current as default and also the dark one that people is requesting.


This forum used to have the same choice, with its own dark version, that was much easier to read.

I see no reason why they cannot make this accommodation, especially as they did it before.

Regards,

Vaalen

User avatar
st_grynwald
Civilian
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:23 pm

Re: New Ageod Forum

Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:01 am

vaalen wrote:
This forum used to have the same choice, with its own dark version, that was much easier to read.

I see no reason why they cannot make this accommodation, especially as they did it before.

Regards,

Vaalen

Totaly agree...

Return to “News from AGEod”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest