LiarFox

[WSS] A new age of war is coming, and Ageod is ready to bring it to you!

Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:21 pm

Early XVIII° century. The Spanish Empire, the empire on which the sun never sets, is facing deadly menaces. Under the pressure of internal and external forces and mighty neighbours, he is losing the grip and the influence over Europe.

For decades numerous conflicts have drained massive resources without bringing any real advantage, worse, causing territorial losses, and now the last Habsburg King of Spain is dying without having a direct heir. His will names the grandson of France Louis XIV as heir, but the Austrian branch of the family is contesting it.

His death could trigger the first real global war in modern history.

To make the situation more complicated, the Polish, Eastern and Baltic regions are in turmoil, as the Tsardom of Russia now lead by Peter I Romanov (the Great) is forging an alliance to tear up the Swedish realm and to break its Dominum Maris Baltici.

But despite being numerically outnumbered, the young but military-gifted Swedish King Charles XII has at his service probably the best organized and modern army of the time, and he is not prone to surrender without a biting fight.

Europe once again is on the brink of a new era of conflicts. To whom will you swear your loyalty?

Ageod Games is proud to announce Wars of Successions, a new wargame covering the dreadful struggles Europe had to suffer in the first decades of the XVIII century.

Heavily focused in managing the military operations, in Wars of Successions you will coordinate the movements of several armies of many different great powers and their allies, take care of their supplies and fatigue and seek for the better conditions to engage combat, hold sieges or retreat to recover if needed.

Together, these features, combined with the proven Ageod engine make Wars of Successions a great choice to delight players interested in this era!

Stay tuned for further announcements about Wars of Succession! Check its product page here to see the latest updates and features!
The attachment Victory_at_Narva.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
Victory_at_Narva.jpg

zakblood
Colonel

Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:23 pm

another master piece in the making :thumbsup:

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:37 pm

Welcome!
In Wars of Successions you will coordinate the movements of several armies of many different great powers and their allies, take care of their supplies and fatigue and seek for the better conditions to engage combat, hold sieges or retreat to recover if needed. The game will use the simple command and supply mechanisms that worked will in previous equivalent titles of Ageod such as Wars in America or Rise of Prussia. And the diplomatic aspect will be present, using a simple and easy-to-play system already tested in games like Thirty Years Wars or End All Wars (game designer Altaris is also game designer in this project).

Liberty Bell
Captain

Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:13 pm

This is GREAT NEWS :thumbsup:

Raied
Conscript

Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:31 pm

YES, just a time period that not covered much, and with AGEOD engine, this will be perfect representation of the war, thanks AGEOD.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:40 pm

I will happily buy it the first day it is available. Great to see the Great Northern War and the War of the Spanish Succession covered by AGEOD.

I wish the great Turkish war of 1683 had been included, the one that was decided by the great battle of Vienna, and the winged husaria of Jan Sobieski, but maybe in a DLC?

Liberty Bell
Captain

Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:55 pm

This is great news! :thumbsup:

Silkow

Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:29 pm

OMG, at last a game about my favourite time period! I love you people! :thumbsup:

Lysimaque
Corporal

Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:59 pm

I'm verry happy about this news. It is exactly the era that i wished to see picture on a game. Spanish sucession war is probably the most underrated conflict on wargame in general and i'm happy Ageod continue to devellop their games on forgotten wars.

Lysimaque
Corporal

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:00 pm

Ho and i really hope to see 3 players campaign, it would be really interesting to have English and Imperial side fought seperatly since theirs goals was very different.

Straight Arrow
General

Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:41 am

A most excellent notion; count me in as a purchaser and player.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth.

PhilThib

Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:09 am

vaalen wrote:I will happily buy it the first day it is available. Great to see the Great Northern War and the War of the Spanish Succession covered by AGEOD.

I wish the great Turkish war of 1683 had been included, the one that was decided by the great battle of Vienna, and the winged husaria of Jan Sobieski, but maybe in a DLC?

Why not, it could easily be done as a DLC scenario if the game sells well. I'll check with Altaris and make sure we have the suitable graphics (which means I need to ask the artist to do Sobieski, Starhemberg and Kara Mustafa)

Ebbingford

Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:09 am

Looking forward to this :thumbsup:
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Gribeauval
Sergeant

Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:31 pm

Could we know when this game will be released (approximately) ?

Regards.

Hyroda
Sergeant

Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:00 pm

:) ,... :) ,... :) ,... (y), (y)
hope as fast as possible,...when,..screenshots,..want to see the map etc.....

(a bit to hasty :P)
anyway im in the starting blocks

have a nice day

bkosar19
Sergeant

Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:30 pm

I am looking forward to its release.

Ageod's engine is getting a little creaky and they get a lot of grief over Athena's overall ability, but the mere fact that they make fun strategy/operational games about periods of history that few dare to touch really does make them stand-out. The French and Indian War? Northwest Territory Frontier Wars? War of 1812? The Silesian Wars and the Seven Years War? The Russian Revolution? The Spanish Civil War? The Thirty Years War? I can think maybe a mere handful of PC games that addressed those subjects. And hardly any with the same depth and playability.

I can't think of any strategic/operational PC game that has touched upon either the Northern War or the War of Spanish Succession with any real depth. Empire Total War briefly touched-upon those eras in typical generic Total War way, but that's about it. Anything else? So, yes, I am looking forward to seeing John Churchill, Prince Eugene, Charles XII, Peter the Great, and Marshall Villars appearing on my PC in the hopefully near future.

Sruba
Private

Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:44 pm

Just to be sure, this is not a game which would use new AGEOD engine we have heard rumours ?

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:53 pm

Looking forward to this ! :0

WallysWorld
Captain

Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:17 pm

Woo! Woo! Looking forward to this.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:19 am

I'm on board. Currently, I'm deep in a campaign in the game War in the East, but I always like the Ageod games.
To End All Wars AAR in the War Room. Join us as we laugh, we cry, we drink beer, and we joke on how badly I play......

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?36936-To-End-All-Wars-AAR-Western-Entente-against-the-AI-of-Central-Powers!

marek1978
Colonel

Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:51 pm

Raied wrote:YES, just a time period that not covered much, and with AGEOD engine, this will be perfect representation of the war, thanks AGEOD.

I wonder how many playing sides will be in the game?
Just the coalitions or countries...

Lusitanian
Conscript

Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:34 pm

Can't wait! A new AEGOD game...this makes me so happy! And yet another time period which is rarely explored. Any time frame for release? Later this year? 2017?

Matto
Colonel

Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:36 pm

Looks promising ... looking for release day ... good luck to developers :thumbsup:
Napoleon days in Austerlitz 2011 - photo gallery
My Czech pages agout AGEOD: AGEOD games, RoP AAR - Prussian side
My AGEOD games: WoN, TYW, EAW, CW2, AJE, PoN, NCP, ROP Gold, RUS Gold and BOA2

Alvincy
Civilian

Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:41 pm

Great! Can´t wait for it!

Ebbingford

Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:41 pm

Looking forward to this one :thumbsup:
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

samba_liten
Sergeant

Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:52 pm

Karl XII! Yes! Can't wait!

Liberty Bell
Captain

Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:54 pm

This is great news!

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:34 pm

Exciting !

beuckelssen

Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:57 am

I think Altaris did a great job with TEAW. A great game with great ideas implemented in the classic AGEOD engine. For this game I would like an important number of events in which the player can choose from different options. Not just 2 o 3 events, a lot.... :coeurs:

I´m curious about the great campaing with 4 players. I don´t know much about these conflicts... It would be possible interactions between the 4 factions? Because if, for example, I am Russia and the War of Spanish Succession never affects to my conflict with the Swedish..... well, in that case, it would be a problem being 4 players (possible delays) instead of a good thing.

Leibst

Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:32 pm

Great news!! :thumbsup:
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Return to “News from AGEod”