Philkian

Civil War II Contest

Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:39 pm

Get the chance to win an exclusive DVD Box Set of the History® “The American Civil War”!

This is a great opportunity for any American History buff . We have 5 Boxed sets of History® “The American Civil War” to give away. Each set contains 6 DVDs and offers a great insight into varied aspects, events and topics of the American civil war. If you have a passion for the America Civil War or an interest in learning more, you can’t miss this chance.
To enter the competition you just need to take a screenshot of one of your Civil War II games and go to the AGEod Facebook page. Like the page and post the screenshot there. We will then upload your screenshot in the Contest Gallery where you will be able to see other participant's images.
Only the screenshots in the Gallery will participate.
You then need to mobilize your friends to vote for your screenshot. The screenshot with the most votes wins! The winners will be announced the 11th of October.
What are you waiting for! Like the page and participate!

Carnium

Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:10 pm

Really good compilation that I bought some time ago.

It contains these episodes:

Disc 1: THE MOST DARING MISSION OF THE CIVIL WAR + APRIL 1865.
Disc 2: BATTLEFIELD DETECTIVES: THE CIVIL WAR: ANTIETAM + BATTLEFIELD DETECTIVES: THE CIVIL WAR: SHILOH.
Disc 3: SECRET MISSIONS OF THE CIVIL WAR: + THE LOST BATTLE OF THE CIVIL WAR
Disc 4: TALES OF THE GUNS OF THE CIVIL WAR + EIGHTY ACRES OF HELL
Disc 5: SHERMAN'S MARCH + SPECIAL FEATURES.
Disc 6: CIVIL WAR COMBAT Shiloh, Antietam, Gettysburg and Cold Harbor.

Pocus

Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:16 pm

I'll be out of the contest, but I believe I'll make a screenshot anyway. This will involve some modding before. muhahaha...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:14 am

Ageod forum is moving to Facebook?

Pocus

Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:23 pm

not really, why?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:53 am

If there is an advert here for your Facebook page, it is for the page is dying. Let it die.
If it is not dying, there is no need to advert here, else you want us to create a Facebook account.

We need a Facebook account to Like and post a picture on your page.
I don't think that Facebook need adverts, so this should be an advert for your Facebook page, then you ask us to create a Facebook account, and if we agree we will be less often on your forum, and then it should be better that you close this forum and compell us to gather on your Facebook page instead of dividing the informations.

Next, a contest for Steam users only, with advert here for Steam, which greatly needs it for sure.

Oh, suddenly it smells like Paradox.

Franciscus

Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:33 am

Facebook ? What is it ? ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rafiki

Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:58 am

ERISS wrote:If there is an advert here for your Facebook page, it is for the page is dying. Let it die.
If it is not dying, there is no need to advert here, else you want us to create a Facebook account.

We need a Facebook account to Like and post a picture on your page.
I don't think that Facebook need adverts, so this should be an advert for your Facebook page, then you ask us to create a Facebook account, and if we agree we will be less often on your forum, and then it should be better that you close this forum and compell us to gather on your Facebook page instead of dividing the informations.

Next, a contest for Steam users only, with advert here for Steam, which greatly needs it for sure.

There, there, Eriss. No need to get all up in a huff about this.

This is about letting fans showcase things they like about the game and making a contest out of it. Facebook offers some functionality for doing these things that other platforms (such as these forums) don't offer.

Also, it is about increasing the game's visibility. For reasons incomprehensible to me, there are a lot more people who are on Facebook than on these forums. Some of them might even be people interested in games about the ACW. If a Facebook contest helps them discover AGEOD and CW2, I say it benefits everyone involved.

If you don't want to participate, then that is entirely OK, and you will suffer no adverse effects from it. Why then worry about it? :)
ERISS wrote:Oh, suddenly it smells like Paradox.

I have much respect and admiration for Paradox and their accomplishments, but I consider them to be an entirely different cup of tea than AGEOD, for very many reasons. If a simple Facebook contest is what it takes to "bridge the gap" in your eyes, then I'll just have to disagree with you :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:25 pm

It should be warn at the start of the thread, and even in the title:
"[Facebook users only]"
so we don't loose time reading (but I like loosing time writing).

I meant that Paradox went a Steam dependant company for their new games. It may be too the next way for Ageod, if Ageod want us to go Facebook mainstream.

Pocus

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:25 am

It's only about having new players discovering our games. I don't think you can accuse CW2 of being a casual beer and pretzel game, right? So don't fear the new blood, they should always be welcomed.

Ebbingford

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:29 am

Franciscus wrote:Facebook ? What is it ? ;)

Similar to my reaction when anybody mentions it, My reply is
I don't do facebook

:cool:
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:37 pm

Philkian wrote:What are you waiting for!

As you talk to all, you have to take the screenshots some non-Facebook users could post here, and put them yourself on Facebook for them.

Rafiki

Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:58 pm

Eriss, what's your problem? Are you envious that others can win something in a contest that you have decided you don't want to take part in?

Philkian's post says what you need to do to participate. It's your own choice whether or not you want to take part, but selectively picking what you want from the post to make some kind of point isn't helpful to anyone.

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:08 pm

The problem is that this post makes as if all forumers here had a Facebook account.
I don't care about the contest, but the respect of non-Facebook users.
It is really not polite, like when you talk loud to some an ignore other people arround: You could gather them first and keep other ears safe.
If Facebook users are aimed, it should be told at first.

Lindi
General

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:17 pm

For me I prefer the idea of other game,

For have 1 chance to have the book, you need to like and share the post, that is very fast xD. (Because all other friend see that and share and like the post ^^)

(Now for me with my number of friend in FaceBook my chance to win is very bad so I don't try.)

But good Idea.

Carnium

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:33 pm

Lindi wrote:
(Now for me with my number of friend in FaceBook my chance to win is very bad so I don't try.)

But good Idea.

Eh, just post an interesting image and I will vote for it ;)
If you post it now, you have like 50% chance of winning :thumbsup:

Rafiki

Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:20 pm

ERISS wrote:The problem is that this post makes as if all forumers here had a Facebook account.

I'm sorry that this is how you choose to interpret Philkian's announcement and I'm disappointed that you would come to think that anyone representing AGEOD is disrespectful of people who don't use Facebook.

I was hoping that the community would see the benefit in "getting the word out" about AGEOD and AGEOD's games. I realize that to parts of the community, it isn't as straight-forward as that, and that is just something that will have to be respected.
ERISS wrote:It is really not polite, like when you talk loud to some an ignore other people arround: You could gather them first and keep other ears safe.

To be honest, I think that people's ears have been a lot more harmed by our discussion since the announcement than by the announcement itself.... :wacko:
ERISS wrote:If Facebook users are aimed, it should be told at first.

If it can spare us another discussion such as this in the future, we'll make sure to keep it in mind.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Kensai

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:16 am

ERISS wrote:The problem is that this post makes as if all forumers here had a Facebook account.

Let's be pragmatic for a minute, I have heard this plea before in other situations too. The thing is: Facebook is a major social platform. Either you use it to connect to friends or just to read your favorite news, it is MAJOR! This is not something out of respect or not, it is as if you were NOT in the telephone catalogs of your area and then complained why they never call you for opinion polls.

The privacy of most users is and should be respected. Therefore, if you want to take part in these offers by AGEOD you can simply create an account and connect under the name ERISS or whatever you feel is fitting. Your privacy will be respected and you will be able to follow this and other games through Facebook. This fixes all, I believe. :)
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:28 pm

Rafiki wrote:, we'll make sure to keep it in mind.

Thanks. You can see how GOG does:
http://www.gog.com/news/bgogcom_5th_birthday_giveawayb_twitter_day

Return to “News from AGEod”