Rafiki

Forum upgraded (Was: Forum upgrade on the horizon)

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:07 am

FYI:

Friday June 15th, we'll be upgrading the forum software. It's a fairly small upgrade and the downtime should be minimal, probably something like 10 minutes or so, all in all.

The upgrade will probably take place pre-lunch time, European time; you'll see a closed forum with an explanatory notice during the upgrade.

There will be a couple of additions to the forum functionality after the upgrade, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:45 am

Roger. :gardavou:

Thank you for the info, Rafiki! :thumbsup:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sir Garnet

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:49 am

Locked out but a Lost Password reset and I'm back into my account.

Rafiki

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:38 am

Sir Garnet wrote:Locked out but a Lost Password reset and I'm back into my account.
Good to hear you got your problems solved. (For the record: this isn't related to the upgrade, since the upgrade hasn't been done yet :) )

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Rafiki

Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:56 am

Upgrade is now complete. Let us know if you encounter any problems or weirdness after the upgrade!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Rafiki

Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:21 am

FYI: A new addition with this upgrade, is what is called the "Activity stream", which basically is an overview of the latest postings and new threads on the forum. You can find it under "What's New?", or by going directly to http://www.ageod-forum.com/activity.php

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

ribaluigi
Sergeant

Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:34 am

Everything seems fine. Just two questions:
1) do you plan to change the forum colour from light blue to orange to make it coherent with the new website?
2) the activity stream box colour is the only white thing in the whole forum, do you plan to change it?

Best,

Rafiki

Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:38 am

We will be revisiting the forum's color scheme. The details of that, how, what, where and whatnot, is something that we'll have to get back to at a later point in time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

ribaluigi
Sergeant

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:07 am

I don't want to be annoying but I have another question:
I will appreciate a direct link button to Ageod's website in the forum. Do you plan to add something like this?

Franciscus

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:53 am

Rafiki wrote:FYI: A new addition with this upgrade, is what is called the "Activity stream", which basically is an overview of the latest postings and new threads on the forum. You can find it under "What's New?", or by going directly to http://www.ageod-forum.com/activity.php

Thanks, very useful !

Rafiki

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:56 am

It's not very emphasized, but every page has a link to "AGEOD website" near the bottom.. Personally, I would like the big AGEOD logo at the top to link to the website, but we'll have to see what happens when we revisit the forum appearance

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

ribaluigi
Sergeant

Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:05 am

Thanks! Onestly I have never noticed that button :)

Best,

Bernadotte
Lieutenant

last visit info

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:13 pm

In the "old forum" there was a "You last visited" Info in the upper right corner.
Since I often don't remember my last visit date/time, but need this info sometimes for certain searches, I would like to see this info again ;)
Could you please "switch" that feature on again ?
Or are there other places (i.e. the profile) where I can see my last visit date/time ?

Thanks,
Bernadotte

Rafiki

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:48 pm

We'll have to look into it; dunno what modifications need to be done in vBulletin version 4 to display that info

However, if you simply access "New Posts" ( http://ageod-forum.com/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post ), you'll get easy access to all threads that have been updated since your previous visit, where clicking the small icon to the left of the thread topic with two downwards pointing triangles/pointers will bring you to the first post you haven't read in that thread. Is that something you can use?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Le Ricain

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:33 pm

If you click on the 'what's new' tab, which is at the top on the left, you will get a list of the posts that have been made since your last visit. Scroll down to the bottom, note the time and you will have an idea of how long it has been since you were last here. I, also, missed having the 'last time you were here' feature and this is the best I have been able to do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

Bernadotte
Lieutenant

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:47 pm

Rafiki wrote:We'll have to look into it; dunno what modifications need to be done in vBulletin version 4 to display that info

However, if you simply access "New Posts" ( http://ageod-forum.com/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post ), you'll get easy access to all threads that have been updated since your previous visit, where clicking the small icon to the left of the thread topic with two downwards pointing triangles/pointers will bring you to the first post you haven't read in that thread. Is that something you can use?

Yes, thank you. I know the "New Posts" link very well and exactely this is sometimes my problem :)
Sometimes I'm not logged in since severaly days/weeks. Then I log in and search for new posts and get more then 100 posts over several "new post pages". It takes some time to find and read the (for me) interesting posts. During the reading I often have to do other things (especially when I'm at work ;) ). So meanwhile I got loged out automatically. When I then want to switch to the next "new post page" I have to relogin and the "new post" search starts new, with a different "last login time". I know, this is WAD and this is O.K. as it is !
What I did is, I looked at the date when I was last loged in and remembered that date and with a search like:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/search.php?do=getdaily&days=12 (or whatever # of days) I could "rebuild" my search !

Sorry for my complicated description, but I hope you got the message :)

So, if it is not to complicated, I would appreciate the "last login" info somewhere :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Bernadotte

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:04 pm

What was the notification this time during forum downtime? in case I miss the humour. :D

Cheers Rafiki ;)

Rafiki

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:55 pm

Bernadotte wrote:Yes, thank you. I know the "New Posts" link very well and exactely this is sometimes my problem :)
Sometimes I'm not logged in since severaly days/weeks. Then I log in and search for new posts and get more then 100 posts over several "new post pages". It takes some time to find and read the (for me) interesting posts. During the reading I often have to do other things (especially when I'm at work ;) ). So meanwhile I got loged out automatically. When I then want to switch to the next "new post page" I have to relogin and the "new post" search starts new, with a different "last login time". I know, this is WAD and this is O.K. as it is !

Actually, it is possible to tweak this. I'll look into what can be done, and if I like what I'll see, I'll start a separate thread about it to see what y'all think about this.

Bernadotte wrote:So, if it is not to complicated, I would appreciate the "last login" info somewhere :thumbsup:

We'll have to see what we can do, though I won't promise anything. :)

Baris wrote:What was the notification this time during forum downtime? in case I miss the humour. :D

Alas, the downtime was short, bittersweet and efficient, so there was just a purely informational message. Sorry to disappoint.... ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Return to “News from AGEod”