If you read this newsgroup, Don't forget to vote!
Yup, it's that time of the year again and this time there's even a
Grand Prize for you to win : Arjuna has graciously offered an
autographed boxed copy of Battles from the Bulge (when done) to one
lucky participant. No need to tell you this is a unique item, and to
make it absolutely clear : voting for Conquest of the Aegean will *not*
increase your chances of winning it (*).
The Rules :
1) 1 (wo)man, 1 post - all votes in the open, no emails.
2) The game must have been published in 2006
3) Post your 1st, 2nd and 3rd place choices - 1st place gets 5 points,
2nd gets 3 points, 3rd gets 1 point.
4) Votes must be in before January 15th, 2006
5) In case of a tie, the award is shared.
6) Developers are strongly encouraged to vote as well - there's no
shame in believing your baby is the best looking.
This is what's at stake for the developers - created by Daniel :
To refresh your memory on what games got published this year :
Birth of America
Panzer Campaigns 15 - Stalingrad 1942
Defend the Alamo 2 / The Alamo!
Cry Havoc : Test of Faith
Hearts of Iron 2 : Doomsday
Strategic Command 2
Take Command : 2nd Manassas
Battle of the Atlantic
Conquest of the Aegean
Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare
Panzer Command : Operation Winter Storm
For Liberty! (formerly : For Independence)
Distant Guns : The Russo-Japanese War at Sea
Victoria - Revolutions
Blitzkrieg : War in Europe 1939-1945 (Pocket PC and Palm)
Air Campaigns of WWII - Defending the Reich
Napoleonic Wars Online
Down in Flames - Eastern Front
Civil War Battles - Campaign Vicksburg
Panzer Campaigns - Minsk '44
Napoleonic Battles - Jena-Auerstaedt
World at War : A World Divided
Air Assault Task Force
Forge of Freedom : The American Civil War 1861-1865
Future Force Company Commander (F2C2)
If you think I missed one (or several) feel free to add them - this is
not a list of nominees.
(*) This is how the winner of the autographed boxed copy of Panther
Games' Battles from the Bulge will be decided :
1) Every entry/voter is given a random number by me
2) When the election is over I zip this list, password protect it and
send it to Mr. Beretta and everyone else asking for it - without the
3) I'll ask Mr. Giftzwerg to pick and post a number between 1 and ...
4) I release the password so Mr. Beretta and everyone else can check
who won the game.