Conscript

BoA Preview @ Out of Eight

Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:23 pm

The Birth of America preview has been posted at Out of Eight PC Game Reviews:

http://jaguarusf.blogspot.com/2006/02/birth-of-america-preview.html

Enjoy!

Sol Invictus

Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:53 pm

Sounds really solid and enjoyable. Almost makes me want to break my oath never to buy a game before it has been released for a few weeks. Must resist temptation. Fortunately, I have a backlog of games that should help me wait until I read some more after-release info for this game. I have a really good feeling about this game and am sure that I will get it eventually. Thanks for the link.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Flashman
Conscript

Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:40 am

"Birth of America plays very similar to Europa Universalis" and "it’s a global strategy game that can rival EU, Hearts of Iron, or any of the other big titles"

EU is such a classic and to hear BoA compared favorably to it is great news. Really looking forward to this one.

Pocus

Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:44 pm

@Jaguar,

Thanks for the good preview. :)

A question, have you opened the ledger (not totally finished by the way) ? There is the list of objectives as a reminder if you are a bit lost when starting a scenario.

Every game can always be improved, we just hope players will give us the opportunity to prove that ;)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

JaguarUSF
Conscript

Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:42 pm

I did, I would just like to see a more clear indication of the objective cities. It's hard to remember a list of 7 or so cities that are scattered around a map. A clear circle or flag above objectives would work. The strategy filter (I think it's called, I'm not at my home computer right now) shows all the cities and not just the ones important for the scenario.

I do think this game has the potential to be a good successor to EU and its 27 followers (including HoI)...I like that the economy has been removed, I never liked messing with taxes and production in each region.

I'm interested in seeing the final product with its longer scenarios (the press demo was limited to about the last 7 turns) to see how it all pans out.

By the way, The opening paragraph of the preview shows the strength of the American educational system.

Sol Invictus

Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:13 pm

Pocus, as long as you guys support the game with patches, I am sure we will support you with our loyalty. A few years ago, I would have gotten this the day it comes out, but I have been burned far to many times in the past. Having said that, I look forward to buying BoA sometime in early March and also look forward to your next subject. I hope you get around to covering the Seven Years War, Thirty Years War, and Napoleonic Wars.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Pocus

Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:08 pm

Thanks for the post Sol. We will do our best to maintain BoA at the highest level of quality, take it for granted.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “News from AGEod”